8. I Die Less Then Before

Day 807

After spending the past few weeks sleeping in a bed with Slade, you'd have thought you could trust him. Apparently, that isn't the case.

"Slade please don't do this! I swear you're making a mistake! It was Oliver!"

Amusement shows in his pretty blue eyes as Slade throws you over his shoulder and takes off towards the field. The Australian man easily tosses you to the ground, and he picks up his bamboo sword. "For stealing a piece of my food, three rounds."

~Many boring hours later~

The refreshing water slides over your skin and trickles in rivulets down your shoulders. A slight shiver runs down your back as you feel yourself being watched, but you know there are only friendlies around, so you turn to face the shore as you wipe a palm over your forehead to push back your hair.

"Come on in Shado! The water is great!" You can't see the person in the treeline, but you're assuming it's the woman that was nearby when you got in the water a couple of minutes ago.

"Shado returned to the plane already." Slade's body steps out of the brush, and you find yourself crossing your arms over your chest. Even though you left your undergarments on, you always seem to feel particularly exposed around the Australian man. Slade strips off his shirt, and you avert your eyes. Your mind continues to wander though. Images of his shirtless body parade around in your thoughts until suddenly he's right there in front of you. His hands find your shoulders, and you jump slightly as you snap back into the present.

"Hi." Your voice is quiet and awkward as you struggle to just focus on his forehead. As much as your eyes want to wander to his lips and then maybe down to his chest and oh dear god he's right there and more than half-naked. Your mind is whirling as you fight down the rising blush, and Slade chuckles as he releases your shoulders.

"You're shivering." His observation makes you step back a bit in the water, the sand under your feet distracting you from your current situation as you swallow and nod.

"Ah yeah. Water's a little cold I guess." False. The water is plenty warm, but after having his warm hands on your shoulders, you're craving more.

"I see." He moves closer to you, and that's when your luck runs out. A single smooth patch of stone under your foot makes you slip, but before you can go under, Slade's hands are catching you by the waist and pulling you back up. Although he seems to have forgotten how much less strength he has to use in the water, his hands pull you into his chest instead of just back up to your feet.

Your eyes are wide as you feel his breath against your forehead, and you hesitantly look up. Certain that he can see your blush at this point, you offer a small, nervous smile. "Thanks, I think."

"It's no problem."

But he doesn't let go. Slade's hands stay right there against your skin, holding you by the waist as you stand with your hands against his chest, uncertain of where else to put them. His eyes flicker down to your lips, then back up, before he starts to lean in. Just as his lips are about to brush over yours, he hesitates. But before you can ask why, he's already voicing a question of his own.

"Can I?"

You surge up, connecting your lips with his as one of his arms circle around your back to pull you closer, and the other moves up from your waist to cup the back of your neck. His lips are warm, slotting perfectly against yours as you stay in his strong embrace. Slade is surprisingly skilled with his lips, rendering you breathless in mere seconds, and you part. His eyes lock on yours and he gently squeezes your hip with his left hand as you lean your head against his chest.

"What are we, Slade?" Your voice is quiet, the urge to kiss him again overwhelming as you feel his warm skin against your own, and you shiver as his right-hand trails down your back to rest on your other hip and hold you firmly against himself.

"More then friends I would hope."