6. Everything Is On Fire And It's Oliver's Fault This Time

Day 756

Everyone is yelling in the small meeting area as the fight starts. Slade is handling himself fine, while Yao Fei and his daughter are absolutely kicking ass. Oliver on the other hand is trying his best to not kill anyone, while you dodge around men while slashing at their arms with your knife. Your current goal is to not die, while also making their lives harder.

The daughter of Yao Fei is taking down men left ad right, and you find yourself vaguely turned on as she does some sort of ninjalike move to take down Fiers.

"Holy shit-" You're cut off as more men with guns start appearing and firing, and you quickly dart towards Yao Fei, helping him up from the ground and stumbling away from the gunfight between Slade and the soldiers. Oliver takes the lead, Yao Fei ad his daughter close behind as you and Slade follow up the rear.

Yao Fei takes a bullet to the leg, and as Oliver helps him continue, you find yourself ushering then towards a fallen tree for cover. "Get to safety now! I will only slow you down." You find new respect for the father as he tries to get you all to abandon him for your safety, and as the shooters get closer, Oliver makes the hard decision. The girl is yelling pleads of no as Oliver starts pulling her away, and you make the stupid decision to turn around and go back for Yao Fei as you realize that they might just torture him for information that he doesn't have.

"Y/n!" Ignoring Slade's call of your name, you push past bushes and jump over tree roots in your wild attempt to get back to Yao Fei. You know that Oliver and Slade will go to the plane, so you know exactly where to take the Japanese man for shelter until It's safe to get back to the temporary island home.

Day 760

The next few days were hell. You had been about halfway to the cave before being caught, and Yao Fei was taken easily, as you were knocked out within seconds of the fight. The next time you woke up, you were in a cage, and Yao Fei was nowhere to be seen. Your head ached, and your fingers came back red with blood when you gingerly touched the back of your head. But waking up in that cage was easily preferable to what you're doing now. Yao Fei had been forced to lead the soldiers straight to the plane, while you were leading more around to a back entrance.

The guilt of what you're doing almost makes you just turn around and beg them to shoot you again like the first time you were told to lead them to your friends, but knowing that the path ahead is lined with traps and old landmines makes you feel a little better about your semi-betrayal.

"Watch your step. There are holes in the ground from when we had to dig up the landmines."

Of course, you didn't tell them that pretty much the only safe place to step was in fact in the little foot sized holes in the ground. In your first week of being at the plane with Oliver and Slade, you had been sure to find as man landmines as you could in the area, and place them strategically around the woods circling your clearing for added protection. Oliver and Slade had helped you set up other traps, and you find yourself quickly falling onto the familiar safe trail of dents in the ground.

"Hey what the hell?" A faint click behind you signals that the first landmine had been stepped on, and a grin spreads across your face as you start checking the ground ahead.

"See you boys in hell." With that said, you take off running. A few of them shoot after you, which probably alerted the other soldiers with Yao Fei and made them more prone to shooting.

A hiss of pain leaves your mouth as a warm throbbing sensation starts up in your calf, and you realize you've been shot again. Finally reaching the plane, you see that the soldiers are already entering, and you can't do anything to stop them. Without weapons, you're kind of useless in a fight for now.

"You need to learn your place." The voice behind you makes you suck in a fearful breath, and you whirl around, only to get the butt of a gun struck across your face. The soldier jumps at you as you fall to the ground, and you barely have the chance to scream as you're knocked unconscious yet again, and within seconds, you feel weightless.

The next time you open your eyes, everything is on fire. You're laying in a tent, and all around you, things are exploding. Your self-preservation kicks in, and you're stumbling to your feet and out of the tent as soon as your head stops spinning. Just in time too, because seconds later, the tent is on fire too. Men are running around. some on fire, some injured, and others carrying supplies. Your focus is on the blond man running towards the large weapon that's trying to drive away.

Of course, Oliver had something to do with the chaos happening all around you. Why are you even surprised at this point? Your legs are carrying you towards your friend without your permission before you could even stop to think rationally, but a hand on your shoulder stops you. Before you can punch the person in the face, you're being pulled into a brief hug, and your eyes finally meet with his.

Slade?

Your heart beats erratically as the Australian man tries to look mad at you, and before going back to the fight, he mumbles out a quick: "Don't do that again." and then he's gone. Calming your excited heart, you shake your head to try and bring yourself back into the moment but only succeed in making yourself even dizzier then you were before.

The fires are mostly dying down by now, and you quickly search the area for Fiers, only to see Oliver put an arrow through his throat at the last second.