Self-Talk

Hey everyone!

I hope you all are having a good start to your school year :)

I just started my first year of University and the first day was definitely stressful and very overwhelming.

But later in the night I remembered my therapist always telling me to use "self-talk".

Self-Talk is basically saying positive phrases out loud or in your head when you start to get anxious, depressed, or whatever else you may be feeling that's greatly effecting your mental health.

It turns those overwhelming negative thoughts into more positive and realistic ones to help you calm down and try to put you in a better and more optimistic mindset/mood.

You have to be very specific though when you use self-talk!!!

And the more you use it the more effective it will become.

I figured I'd share a picture with you guys of the self-talk wall that I created last night and in the morning that is right beside my desk so I can look at it whenever I feel like I need some reassurance :)

These really helped me today and I was in such a good mood the entire day and felt so motivated and genuinely more excited to actually start school.

I know I'll still have days where I'm anxious and overwhelmed and feel like the entire world is just crashing around me, but for now, I'm going to take things one day at a time and try to stay as optimistic and motivated as possible by doing self-talk everyday!

I hope this helps some of you :)

Feel free to message me if you need to talk❤️

~love, sunny