Chapter 14

Its been four years now.

FOUR. YEARS.

Baby Yeonjun is no longer a baby, rather a cute toddler who brightens my world.

Especially when it seems only dark.

Since that day, Stray Kids has been treating me worse and worse, thankfully the bulk of it is when Yeonjun is asleep. When Yeonjun had just turned one, Han got tired of my hair getting everywhere because Yeonjun was pulling it so he cut a whole chunk of it, making me have to cut it into a neat bowl cut.

Or when Yeonjun picked me some flowers, that the first gift I've ever gotten, and then Stray Kids burned it...and made me watch.

Lee Know has tried his best to protect me, but it was him against seven...and he was also being tortured like me...

"Yeonjunnie~ it's time for your nap!" I  cheerfully said, picking him up from the floor, I could feel my back ache from when Felix pushed me the other day into a pile of rocks, but I can't let Yeonjun see me in pain, so I held my smile in front of him.

He pouted cutely at me.

"Mommy, why can't I have a brother? Then you can put him  to bed."

I giggled at him, but he still furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, crossing his arms at me.

"Well baby it takes two to make a baby." I smiled at him. Then immediately he started squirming out of my arms and jumped to the floor.

"Hey, hey, you need to take a nap."

"Sorry Mommy, I'm busy, I gotta go find someone to make a baby!" he said determinedly and ran out the room.

Honestly I really don't want him to take a nap...because I know what will happen as soon as he closes his eyes. So I took the time to sit down on a random bed and took a deep breath.

Lee Know rebuilt his bed bigger so all three of us could sleep together. He's been more of a father figure than Bang Chan ever has been. He's been my only crutch, my only trusted companion, maybe the only one I lo-

Yeonjun busted back into the room with a bang again, seemingly pulling something through the doorway, I was on my feet.

"Yeonjunnie, what are you-"

I look into the doorway to see Lee Know being dragged in by Yeonjun, both carrying big smiles, then he looked up into my eyes and his big goofy smile turned to a sweet one.

"Okay now you and Know Know can make me a baby!" Yeonjun finally announced cutely.

Lee Know's and I's eyes widened and our smiles dropped, we looked from him to each other. Lee Know began stuttering, searching for an answer but I was faster.

I crouched down in front of Yeonjun.

"You know what? If you take a nap then I'll think about." I crossed my arms, imitating him. He put his finger to his chin and thought about for a second then nodded.

"Good." we said in unison. I picked him up and placed him in the bed before tucking him in.

Well after he was asleep Lee Know stayed frozen in place.

"Seems Yeonjun wants a sibling...unfortunately for him, I have no plans of letting Bang Chan...do that again." I mumbled to myself, I turned to Lee Know, his expression changed as he looked into my eyes, almost concerned.

I was about to say something to him I felt an arm sling around my neck.

"It seems even Yeonjun is aware of your whore ways." I shivered. Felix chuckled into my ear before taking a whole fist of my hair.

It was so painful, I wanted to scream out but covered my mouth with my hands. He shook my head around by my hair, I could feel strands being pulled out in the process

"Stop it." Lee Know tried to grab at him but he was promptly held back by Changbin, Changbin held him by the neck and chest, chuckling darkly at Lee Know's struggling state.

Hands grabbed onto mine and ripped them from my face, it was Han, he smiled at me.

"No sweetie, I want him to hear you, I want him to wake up and see his mother's worth." he growled, holding, twisting my hands above my head painfully, I closed my eyes tightly and bit my tongue. I suffered in silence, not giving them that satisfaction of my cries. I could hear Lee Know struggled harder and get progressively louder in an attempt to free himself and come to my aid.

"Stop trying Lee Know, it'll get you nowhere." Bang Chan's voice was clear, he pranced in with Seungmin and I.N. in tow.

"You should have known better." he took Lee Know's chin in his fingers before throwing it down, making his neck snap to the side, he hissed in pain. 

He gaze directed to me, I flinched in fear, he came to me.

"Why are you doing this?" I mustered when he was too close for comfort.

Stray Kids snickered at my question, as if it was obvious. 

"Don't play innocent sweetie~, you know what, I'm not even going to waste my time on this, boys lets go." With that, they dropped me and Lee Know to the floor with a thud and marched our proudly.

The thud woken up Yeonjun.

"Mommy are you okay?" he looked on my disheveled state with concern, I nodded numbly. I jumped from the bed and snuggled into my arms. I held him to my chest, taking in and being calmed by his innocent, pure warmth.

We sat there together in silence for a while.

"Mommy, why are they so mean to you and Know Know?" Yeonjun asked, my heart dropped. So he has noticed...

I took a deep breath and lifted his chin so he could look into my eyes, he needed to know the seriousness of these words.

"Because they are bad people." I said gravely. He nodded, his big eyes never flinching, unblinking as he stared into mine.

"You said stay away from those people..." he said quietly.

"Yes, yes I did." we sat there in silence, enjoying, cherishing this mother and son moment.

Lee Know came to a shaky stand, drawing Yeonjun's and mine's attention.

His face grew dark and he looked me square in the eyes.

"Snow, there is something I need to tell you,"

Suddenly my heart raced, I felt scared, Lee Know has never talked to me like this, I nodded but in truth I was not ready for what I was about to hear.

"I-"