𝙳𝚁𝚈𝙰𝙳

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

𝕴𝖓 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖒𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖆𝖊𝖍𝖞𝖚𝖓𝖌 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙. 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌𝖐𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖈𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝖇𝖊𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖓𝖔𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖘.

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Taehyung's P.O.V.

Jungkook was back again. 

After a couple of days of looking out for the brown haired boy, I had given up. I had also discovered that I had the patience ranging in a teaspoon. Which is to say, none.

But he had finally returned today. 

I watched as he slumped down against the oak tree we always sat under. Two rabbits approached him. One was hesitant, hopping forward nervously while the other went straight towards him. Jungkook picked them up and placed them on his lap, stroking them. 

Jungkook was a shape shifter. A metamorph. He could talk to animals but he had not yet tried shifting into one.

 I'm a dryad - a rare smeraldo tree one. I can go out of my tree but if it is injured, then so am I. Quite a few times, while I was sitting with Jungkook, some wild cat or bear had scratched the bark. 

Jungkook's usually calm and shy but those few times, he was a whole new person altogether. His black eyes had blazed and he'd actually hurt the animals for the first time in his life. And then he returned to his usual worrying, overprotective nature.

We had met a couple of years ago. Jungkook used to come to the clearing near my tree and sit there, playing with animals, while I watched him. Then one day, I was out of my tree and sitting near the lake at night when he had approached me. We got to know each other and became best friends. 

But even after two years, there's something I know he refuses to tell me.

As I looked at him, contemplating how to surprise him, I felt my leaves rustle. "Well this is nice," I muttered to myself. My eyes fell on two glowing yellow ones among the bushes. 

I jumped out instinctively, creating a wall of thorns to erupt from the ground.

The cougar growled and shied away immediately. It darted back and disappeared in the foliage. Jungkook leapt up, his charcoal eyes widened. When I realized the predator had given up and retreated, I turned around to face him.

"Well well," my lips pressed into a thin line. And then I jumped forwards and hugged him.

Jungkook's P.O.V.

Even the simple action of getting up caused another wave of pain to overcome me. I ignored it, pushing away the spike of pain that went up me. Instead I hugged Taehyung back. He suddenly pulled back, green eyes flashing dangerously. 

"Where were you?" he snapped, seeming more hurt than angry. "Tae, I'm so sorry, it was some work at home," I apologized, making my best sad eyes.

He pulled me back into a hug but I couldn't hold back the whimper that left me. Taehyung pulled back again. His eyes narrowed menacingly. My mind rushed to think up some excuse, "U-uh -,"