1

"Amara come back here", I heard mom call out but I was not ready to argue this night with her about my career, so I simply slam my door shut and just plop down on my bed.

One of those nights, when she comes back from her music events and tries to brag about how nice her event was and how she met alot of people and how I should join her and maybe one day I might be on the stage, side by side, singing a duet with her and I get awards like she does.

But who cares?
Who in the freaking world cares?
It is always about her.
Always about her and sometimes I wondered how Dad cope till his last day on earth.
Was it the love that made him stick to her?
Or not breaking vows because am going freaking nuts living with a busy mom, who has no time for me and who hopes that I be like her in future

Future is too far, now!!!!

True I started singing since I was five, I grew up with music, I ate music , I sleep with music, Amara Dayo is music herself but that is not what I want, music is not what I want.
I need a family, a loving family, not a mom that does not know a thing about me even when am in my final year and about to graduate in months.

Mom knows nothing about Amara.
This is what I have been trying to tell my dear mother, who has been on and on about how I should make a name for myself in the music industry.

Am so not interested and someone needs to let her know that am not interested in walking in her shoes or taking up her career.

"Amara", I heard Teniola call out from the other side, one of the most important person that has helped me stay sane in this crazy house of mother's, our help but I sure do not tell her how important she is.

"I want to be alone Teniola", I yelled back, hoping she get to the message of I want to be alone.

"Come on Amara, you know you can talk to me, am always here", she said as she pulled the door open.

"I did not ask you to come in", I snapped.

"I know but I just wanted to make sure you are okay", Teniola said in a low whisper.

"Am..."

"You are not okay Amara, stop lying to yourself", she interrupted," you can't keep lying to yourself that you are fine anytime your mom brings up the topic of you following her footstep", she added as she sat on my bed and by then the tears I had held in was out of my eyes before I could catch it.

"Thank you", I muttered as she pulled me into a comfortable hug which I so appreciated,"I need to get to bed, early morning class, miss yakubu", I added.

"Ah that crazy lecturer of yours, goodnight then", she said before leaving me to my own thought.
Thankfully talking to Teniola has it way of calming me, even though she way older than I am, she treats me like am her age mate.

********

"Urrrrgh!", I groaned as I hit my head on the wall, still taking in the pain when I noticed a dark figure in my closet and for a moment I contemplated on shouting or doing the whole karate moves I had in my head, well I opted for the karate and just when I was about to switch d light on and start my moves, well, the dark figure was gone and for a moment I was confused until the light came on to reveal my dad's younger sister standing with her perfume and socks in her hands.

"I did not steal, I only borrowed it", I wanted to say but I knew better than to explain to aunty kim, rather just shut my mouth.

"Mumu you wanted to try your karate moves ahbi?", She knows me too well,"And you stupidly opted for a foam slippers and next time you steal my perfume and socks I will beat you and that your yeye slippers with my Yoruba moves ode!", She Scolded before cracking up  and walking to the door" you better learn how to be wise dummy", she concluded before slamming my door shut.

I guess I was stupid and she made me look even more stupid, well, i still love her and am going to still steal her perf but for now I need to head to dad's room to beg for perfume .

"Pops can I have have your perf....",

"No son", Mr Daniel interrupted,"you beg alot?",he asked

"I know dad but just a little", dare chuckled while his father laid in bed, hoping his son lets him be so that he could enjoy his morning sleep.
Well, him and his son had become best of friends when  his mom had died, so he had no choice but to take care of the only important part of his life and his sister who had come to help with the family.

"Dare can you just carry your wahala to your bestie", Mr Daniel said, pulling the duvet up to his chin,"And I know you used the perf", he added which made Dare chuckle before, closing the door only to meet his aunty on the stair.

"Where you dey go goat?", His aunty attacked as she straightened her wig. " Perf thief", she added

"Obviously am going to school", He muttered,"And a good morning to you too, I did sleep well", he said with sarcasm laced In his voice.

"I did not ask if you slept well ode and you are meant to greet me first oniranu", she replied before placing her wig on her head,"wait I will drop you off ahbi were you planning to trek", she added before walking to her room and Dare heading down to the kitchen, hoping his breakfast was ready.

"Just be fast o", He called out,"All this women and shakara", he muttered as he smiled to himself only for a shoe to hit his shoulder.

" Women and shakara", his aunty sang out before heading to her room and Dare hearing her room door click shut.
*********

First chapter done and I hope you like it
Please do well to read, vote and comment.
Who has a family member like aunty kim?
Hashtag our funny but annoying aunty that we all love
Leggo.