4

"you know that moment when your good intentions turn bad. The moment when you suffer  injuries for being good and you don't get support even for your good deeds.", well that is my feeling as I tossed and turned on my king sized bed that suddenly felt way to small for me, jumping out of bed to get a quick shower and immediately I was out , the clock struck six.

"Way too early for school",  I thought to myself as I got dressed for school and in ten I was out of the house, bumping into a maid and making her know I was off to school.

Pretty early when I left my home, maybe I was avoiding my aunt and her talks and I did not want dad seeing my face or he might just react like aunt or take matters in his hands so I decided to leave early to school even if I needed that sleep which I had lost thanks to miss rude.

Funny enough, she has been on my mind, I kept wondering why she cried so hard, why she lashed out on me, well more like transferring aggression on a too nice guy like me even though aunt kim had claimed I was stupid and my moves were stupid.

Thankfully, dad had not checked on me last night and I was so grateful that he did not check up on me.
my alarm rang out and I turned it off , shutting my eyes as I let the cold breeze blow off my thoughts until I heard footsteps.

****************
I had woken up early to prepare for miss yakubu 's class , making me leave the house early as I made mental notes to apologize to the dark dude I had transferred my aggression, well, that is if he surfaces again because I have not noticed him in my department and I have not seen his soul in school by mistake

Maybe he was  a ghost  student",My subconscious chirped and I tried to ignore her silly thoughts.

In an hour I was pulling into the car park, grabbing my stuffs and heading to my favourite spot before classes start as I kept no friends, well thanks to mom's career, I decided to stay low key.  I was almost close to the river when I saw a figure lying still and for a moment, fear gripped, thinking he was dead until he rose and I let out a scream.

"Will you keep it down, you crazy fellow", He snapped,"Are you always this crazy?", He scowled

"Well who stupidly lies here very early in the morning?", I retorted, forgetting am suppose to apologize to him ,"And what are you doing here this early, lying like dead human?"

"Sleeping", He said, sarcasm laced in his voice and I considered stoning my shoes at me.

"Dummy it is not safe out here", I attacked and he scoffed before replying

"Says the one who sat here crying", he said and it rang in my head that am suppose to be apologising to this nut head.

"It was bright as at then", I retorted, moving closer to him.

"Well well I can see how dark it is, can't you?", He asked with a smirk on his face.

For a man like this, I never expected him to be sharp mouthed but I will just ignore him.

"whatever", I muttered, plopping down on one of the chairs as he stared at me awkwardly like what is she doing kinda look,"Am trying so hard not to be selfish so am just gonna share this space with you then".

"What?", He scoffed, staring at me like I had grown horns and gave a long hiss like an African mom would do," you are such a weirdo", he scoffed.

"I know that", I chirped in and he hissed again  before plopping down next to me.

" Crazy souls in Nigeria", He muttered, staring into the river.

" Am sorry",I said in a low whisper.

" Wait what?", He said with his voice in doubt " Did little miss rude actually apologise".

" I guess so",I muttered and he rolled his eyes," seriously am sorry", I apologized again, punching him lightly

"Well am surprised you can apologise", He snorted and I rolled my eyes," just wow".

"I was just having a bad day....",

"And you transferred your aggression on me",He completed.

"Ok fine fine, maybe we can start all over..."

"Again?", He interrupted and I did not fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Come on stop acting all strong minded", I chided and he smiled,"Amarachi Ruby  Dayo", I said calmly.

"Igbo and Yoruba, nice combo", He smirked and I rolled my eyes at him,"Dare Daniel",He added and I nodded,letting silence take over.

"Maybe I could take you out for coffee and cupcake, I know a really fine place for that", I offered and this time he laughed so loud that even the still would wonder if he was ok.

" You ask guys on dates too?", He smirked.

" Don't get ahead of yourself silly, am just trying to apologise for lashing out and you and hope you got medication for this swollen face", I replied.

"Well maybe if you had held your anger in, I won't be having this face like a tout", He said

" Well you should have stayed away from me", I retorted.

"I was how many feet apart?", He asked rhetorically and he earned  a eye roll.

" So are you in?", I asked again

" Been long a girl asked me out so...."

"Whatever", I interrupted," here is my number", I stretched out a card that had my number," off to class, see you on Sat, 4pm and don't waste my time", I concluded, grabbing my stuffs and not waiting for a reply.

"I did not say yes", He called out but I just walked on, I was not about to be Miss Yakubu's scape goat.

****************

Done,Done Done......

Please Read, vote and comment and please check out my other book CoCo

Thanks.