4

Onika Maraj

Onika Maraj

"Mom I need help." I place my cup on the coffee table and helped Octavia with her ponytail. She was nervous about tonight, Neal was coming over to pick her up for homecoming. I caved and let her go, I caved because Emani wouldn't stop blowing up my phone. That girl can really make things happen. "You look beautiful baby." I kissed her cheek, I saw her smile in the mirror.

"It isn't too much? Do I look beautiful forreal or are you just saying that?"

"You look beautiful, Neal is going to drool." She groaned. I still don't understand these two. I heard voices coming into the other room so we walked out, to my surprise Jayceon was here and the boys were swarming him. He was just smiling and taking a bunch of photos with him. "Aunt Nic you know the Game?"

"The who?" You would've thought I said the dumbest thing in the world by how they were looking at me. Jayceon just laughed, I looked at him confused and he cleared his throat. "I used to rap when I was younger, nothing big really."

"Nothing big! Man you were a legend, no one was laying bars like you. What happened to you why'd you retire."

"Dwayne down boy, I'm pretty sure he didn't come here to answer your questions. Now you boys got all these pretty girls over here and y'all stuck on my man." They looked at the girls who's hands were all on their hips. The girls got ready at my house after school, they looked so beautiful. They complimented their dates one by one but got mushed each time. I managed to get them all out the door leaving me alone to my company who I had no clue was coming. "I'm your man now?" He had a smug look on his face, I hit his arm playfully and walked to the entertainment room with him behind me, "don't get too excited. It was a slip up, why didn't you tell me you rap?"

"I thought you knew actually. Your not a fan of music?"

"No I am, I'm just not familiar with your work. I love rap, I'm pretty lyrical in my spare time."

"Oh wow I need to hear some bars girl, come here." I giggled when he pulled me into his lap. He scrolled through his phone looking for a beat, I recognized one and told him to play it over. "You better kill it too."

"All I do is kill shit boy please." I let the beat start over and I got comfortable on his lap. Jayceon looked up at me all smiles, I just couldn't stop smiling myself;

Young ma, it's the female Jay
I'm a brand accordin' to what retail say
Yeah my tours be sellin' out on presale day
Plus I got the title queen stream, press replay

Testified for my nigga to the DA's face
One time for this super old PA case
I'm still schoolin' bitches like GA State
And I'ma still ball, call me T.D. Jakes

Bars for years, niggas thought I did a bid
I'm draggin' these hoes like Harambe did the kid
Shut the club down, it was poppin' then we slid
I call my pussy liquor, I ain't talkin' 'bout a swig