5

Onika Maraj

Onika Maraj

These past couple of weeks been hectic. I've been dealing with an increase in clients so I've been working overtime like crazy, Octavia is acting out again picking fights over little things and to top it all off Bailey got in trouble at school and now she's suspended. It's like the universe is testing my patience.

Bailey was at work with me trying my nerves, she was in a little mood because she wanted to hang with Rihanna. I swear that child has Beyoncé's attitude when she doesn't get her way. "Damn who's that?" I looked up from my client to whom everyone was looking at, a smile crept on my face as Jayceon walked in. Kehlani point to me and he smiled, all the ladies started humming in approval as he made his way. "Hey baby." He said kissing me on my cheek. "Why you coming in here looking all good?"

"For you mammas." He cupped my chin giving me another kiss on my lips. No matter how hard I fight it this man is making me fall for him. "Babygirl text me, you got her in timeout?"

"I know good and well that lil demon did not text you." He unlocked his phone showing me their messages. Sure enough she texted him trying to convince him to talk me. I rolled my eyes finishing the last braid on my client. I called Lani over to dip her hair and I took Jay to my office. When I opened the door Bailey popped her head up from my computer, "you in trouble, I hope you know that." She groaned putting her head back down on the table. "Baby she ain't even do anything wrong, I mean if something talking trash about me Ima mush them too."

"Jay don't encourage her, because she knows I don't tolerate fighting." I grabbed her by her ears pulling her out of my chair. She whined but I wasn't going for it, "give me your phone."

"No! Momma I'm sorry....Jay help meee." He came over moving me hand from her ear and hugging her. I folded my arms feeling betrayed, "you can't hurt her look at this face."

"The both of y'all can kiss my butt."

"Babygirl give me and your mom a minute, here." He gave her her phone and she skipped out the room. I mugged him as he tried to pull me closer to him. I'm glad he's making an effort to get to know Bailey but now is not that time. Especially while I'm trying to discipline her, Bailey already gets away with a lot of stuff. When it comes down to something serious I don't play, both my girls know I don't tolerate fighting in school. "Breath mammas, you stressed out like crazy."

"I am and she's not helping, I don't have time running behind every five minutes."

"Let me take you and the girls out then. It'll give me an opportunity to get in good graces with Octavia and you can relax a bit."

"Ion know, Tavi is not feeling you."

"She'll change her mind after today, I'm great with kids." I was still on the fence, but I agreed. Jayceon is a good guy and his heart is in the right place. Which is why I'm surprised he doesn't have kids. "Let me tell Lani to lock up." I took his hand and we walked out the the office.