Reuniting

Chapter 2

Sam’s POV:

I was working a case with Dean, something about a Wendigo near Bend, Oregon, some obscure little town in the middle of the state. I couldn’t remember because I would always drift out of focus, almost as if I was falling asleep, but I would just zone out for no reason.

“Hey, Dean, could you get me a beer?” I called. There was silence from the kitchen, where Dean was grabbing himself some pie (probably just standing there eating the whole thing). “Dean? You hear me?” I asked, standing from the table in the operations room.  His silence was concerning me.

“Samuel Winchester?” A deep voice asked behind me. I whipped around, pulling my gun out of my pocket. A tall man- nearly as tall as me- was standing about ten feet away from me. He had chiseled features, like someone had carved him out of marble. His intense brown eyes fixed on me, almost as if he was offering some sort of silent challenge that I didn’t understand.

“Who are you and how did you get in here?!” I demanded. He sighed, looking away from me like he was . . . ashamed?

“My name is Gadreel, I’m an angel of the Lord. We are not in you’re so called ‘bunker’, but instead in your head Samuel.” He said, taking a half step closer. I raised my gun and centered in between his eyes.

“One more step and I shoot.” I ordered. He raised his hands and stepped back to where he had been. How did an angel get in my head? Unless . . .

“What the Hell did Dean do to get you in my head? Don’t you need my consent?” I asked, watching as his eyes scanned mine. “Your brother was desperate, so he had me trick you into giving your consent so that I could heal you from the inside, healing myself in the process. He meant no harm to you are anyone else.” Gadreel explained.

“So Dean let you in? Hm, typical.” I said, stowing my gun and sitting back down, realizing how useless it really was. “I can still cast you out, can’t I?” I asked. “That’s why you kept me unaware until now?” I asked.

Gadreel took a step closer, seeming content in the fact that I didn’t protest this time. “Yes, you could, but I would beg that you not. My other vessel doesn’t have a soul as . . . pure as yours.” He said, cautiously taking another step forward. He likes to test his limits, doesn’t he? Wait, did he say pure?

I laughed. “Yeah, the demon- blood sucking Azazel baby that turned out to be Lucifer’s vessel totally has a pure soul.” I said sarcastically. Gadreel frowned at my assessment of myself.

“Samuel, your soul is the purest I have encountered in my existence. You may had had trouble in your past, but your soul has always shone bright, even brighter than that of your brother’s. Of course, Castiel would argue with that point, because he . . .” Gadreel seemed to catch himself, stopping whatever he was going to say.

“In love with Dean? Yeah, everyone seems to know that except Cas and Dean. When will they just shut up and kiss already?” I whined, suddenly feeling very safe around Gadreel, the same way I always did when I was with Dean or Cas.

“Samuel, are you going to cast me out, or may I continue to help heal you and heal myself?” Gadreel asked, noticing my subject change. I sighed, because I felt like I could trust the guy, but I couldn’t stand the thought of being possessed again, especially after Lucifer.

“Can you leave and find another vessel without hurting yourself?” I asked. He seemed to consider the question before nodding. “If you were to leave and re- enter your old vessel, you could return here and I would make sure Dean would let you stay.” I said. “Maybe you can be a part of Team Free Will.” I continued as an afterthought.