Nephalem

CHAPTER 8

Crowley's POV:

After we had all eaten, and I had explained my idea to everybody, we gathered in the lobby of the bunker while I prayed to David.

"David, I seriously hope that you're okay and that you can hear me. I'm fine, I'm in the Men of Letters bunker in Lebanon, Kansas. I have something I need to ask you, and it's really important. Plus, there's someone I want you to meet. Just . . . try to get here quickly, okay?" I said aloud, feeling more like an idiot with people watching me than when I would pray to him when I was alone. If this didn't work, we would have to summon him, and I hated doing that.

There was a weak knock on the bunker's door and I rushed to open. Sam bet me there, and opened the door, only to catch a bloody figure with tattered wings in his arms. "David!" I shouted, recognizing the black haired Nephalem. He tried to push himself upright, but he only fell back into Sam's arms.

"Dad?" He asked, his usually happy and deep voice, scratchy and weak. He passed out before he could say more. Sam quickly whisked him away to the infirmary and I followed close behind.

"What the Hell happened to him?" Dean asked. I took in my son's bloody image again and began to hyperventilate. Gadreel caught me before I could collapse too, and tried to help me get my breathing under control.

"Crowley, listen to me. David needs you, this is no time to panic. You need to calm down. Between the two of us, we'll have him healed up in no time. Just calm down." Gadreel soothed me, gently helping me to my feet once I had myself under control again. Since when do I have panic attacks?! I thought, quickly setting about healing David. He was messed up badly, and the markings were familiar to me.

"God dammit Abaddon, I'm GOINGT O FUCKING KILL YOU!!" I shouted at thin air, right as David gasped awake again.

"What . . . who? Dad, where . . ." He asked, pushing himself up on him elbows and snapping his head around at TFW, all of which was crowded around him. "Back up." I ordered. Everyone but Gadreel, who was still healing David, backed up. David turned his green eyes on me, and the fear there hurt me.

"Calm down, you're safe and you can trust them." I said, laying my hand on his shoulder. His eyes snapped to Gadreel and he flinched. "Angel . . ." He muttered. Well, at least he can still tell who is who. I thought.

"David, calm down. If you were quiet for a minute I could explain." I said. He smirked at me, sticking out his tongue. "Alright then. That's Gadreel, my brother- I told you about him, remember?- the Moose one is Sam, Squirrel there is Dean- both Winchesters- Kitten is Castiel, a former angel, and the one hiding behind Moose is Kevin, he's a prophet." I quickly introduced. David was calming by the second, his confusion and fear dissipating.

"Why am I here?" He asked. Gadreel finally took his hand off of David's shoulder and staggered away slightly. David sent him a concerned look, and sat up all the way. He groaned and gave his wings a small flap. The one beside me hit my head, and he laughed. "Bastard." I muttered.

"I know, but I'm your bastard, literally." He said, the insult not hitting him in the slightest. "Whatever, the reason you're here is long and complicated, and I'd rather you sleep before I explain." I snapped, slightly hurt by his joke. His eyes softened and he stood, quickly gripping me for support, even though he was a few inches taller than me- like bloody everybody.

"Okay, I do think that would be wise." He groaned. Sam came forward and helped me lead him to the bedrooms, while Cas trailed behind and helped guide his wings through the doors and away from breakable items.

"Why are your wings in this dimension?" I asked him as he lay down in the room beside the one I was using. Sam was usually there too, though we hadn't done anything like what Destiel was up to yet. He groaned and lay his hand across his face.