Memories

Chapter 3

Gadreel’s POV:

“Where were you, in all this time? Michael and Zachariah would never tell us.” Castiel asked, clearly eager for an answer. Samuel and Dean had long since retired, Samuel saying that any bed at the end of the hall was ours.

I sighed. “I’ve been in Heaven’s prison. I hope you never have need to go to that place.” I said, almost shivering at the memories I had endured in that dreaded place.

“Again, let’s hope I never have to go again. I was made to go there once, while interviewing a prisoner before storming Hell to raise Dean from perdition. He was one of the fallen, and had extensive knowledge that would be of use to me.” He said.     

He seemed to lose himself in thought before saying “I felt like there was one prisoner watching me, as I neared the oldest cells. But, it didn’t feel threatening, more like they were trying to warn me of something. Like they were trying to help.” He said, looking up at me. “The cell number was 12, one of the first.” He said

I visibly shuddered at his words. I could remember the day clearly.

* * *

I looked up from my blood- stained clothes, sensing a strange warmth in the cold. It wasn’t the guards, they knew how to temporarily make their Grace’s burn cold, a feat worth the power of Lucifer. It’s too bad they would never rebel, and help those with free will.

I stared as a bright Grace passed me, and flashes of images passed in my mind.

Two brothers, and an angel of free will . . .

Smiling at a device that captured a moment . . .

Mourning the loose of friends, friends of an angel . . .

Falling, being human . . .

Heaven being boarded up . . .

Angels walking the Earth . . .

I mourned the loose of the warmth as it passed, heading for a cell even older than mine. I heard a name whispered throughout the prison. “Castiel, the best solider in their army. He is the one that will raise the righteous man.” They said.

Castiel, I wish you luck in your life. I sent towards the young angel, wishing that one so pure did not need to be corrupted so.

Later, when he passed by again, I stared again, this time trying to send him a warning. He seemed to pause, and looked at my cell. I knew he could not see me, for he did not enter, but I could feel his curious gaze on me.

“CASTIEL!” Zachariah’s voice called, and the angel turned back quickly, obediently leaving. I prayed to be blessed with the chance of meeting the angel whom owned the purest Grace I had ever seen, even purer than that of Michael’s.

* * *

“I was trying to warn you. I could see what lay in your future, up to the closing of Heaven, and I had wished you luck with our Father.” I said, and his head snapped up to me in surprise.

“How did you know it was me?” He asked. I chuckled. “When you were a cherub, you were the most playful, even matching that of Gabriel, or so I am told. I had always held you in a different light, and I would often wonder what had happened of the tiny cherub that would sleep in my lap while I would watch the Garden.” I said. Castiel looked away, and smiled as he remembered. He yawned loudly and I cursed myself for forgetting that he was now human.

“Get some sleep brother, you must watch after yourself. You’re human form must sleep.” I said, concerned by the dark circles that I could see forming under his eyes (the humans still couldn’t see them, or I am sure they would be as concerned as I was).