Anger

CHAPTER 6

AN: There are a few (A lot) of brotherly moments in this chapter, so don’t squint at the OOC Gadreel/Crowley moments and make a ship out of it. It is simply brotherly affection. I’m shipping Gadreel with someone else, so it will be shot down if you do think it’s GadreelxCrowley.

Gadreel’s POV:

I walked slowly into the dungeon, not wanting to startle Crowley, who was faced away from me. “Hello brother.” I said, and he spun around, his eyes widening as he saw me. “Hello Gadreel.” He said, his voice quiet and scared. I sighed, not wanting my fledge mate to be afraid of me, but not knowing how to fix it.

“I have come to talk, nothing more. You can relax. I made a mistake when I struck you, and for that I am truly sorry.” I said, taking the seat I had seen Sam in earlier. Crowley sat on the table, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“It makes me feel taller.” He muttered, causing me to smile. This is definitely my brother. “Why are you here, I can tell you want to ask me something.” He said bluntly. He had always seemed to know what I wanted, and I was glad to see that hadn’t changed.

“Samuel is willing to perform the demon cure if you wish to be human once again.” I said, wanting to get straight to the point. “I have foreseen complications which may force us to retrieve your Grace and have it at hand in case your human form cannot stand the strain, and we could reattach it if need be.” I continued, not sure if I could keep going if I stopped.

“I miss you Crowley, and I do not believe we can truly begin to bond again if you stay in your demon form and-“ I was stopped by a hand on my mouth. It was what I used to do to Crowley when he would rant on when we were children.

“Gadreel, how do I put this? I don’t want to be human, and I don’t want to be an angel. I’m . . .  safer as a demon.” He said, releasing me. I felt all my hope disappear at his words. “I miss you too, but I’m not going to risk dying, because I know you would make sure you follow me right afterwards.” He whispered, moving closer to sit with his back pressed up against me. I reveled in his familiar warmth and felt home again.

“Crowley, if you’re worried about that, you know that Samuel and I will protect you, and I’m sure Castiel will as well.” I said, relaxing at having my brother snuggled up against again for the first time in millennia. “And you shouldn’t concern yourself with what I would do.” I said. He sighed heavily.

“I’ll think about it, okay?” He said. I squeezed him tighter for a second to confirm his choice. I saw him smirk and frowned when he easily spun around while staying on my lap. “Remember this?” He questioned, digging his fingers into my sides.

I burst out laughing as he expertly tickled me, years of experience guiding his fingers. I tackled him, attacking with just as much experience. His laughter filled the room, and I smiled widely, making sure his arms were pinned.

As I let him up once more he continued to giggle, slapping my arm playfully. “You bastard, you never let me win!” He whined. I laughed harder at his statement and help pull him to his feet. “I see no reason to. I also see no reason for you to continue staying in a dungeon while the rest of us sleep in extremely fluffy beds. Come, let’s go find you a room and a fresh change of clothes.” I said, pulling Crowley after me.

He froze, staring at me in surprise. “Are you sure? Kevin, Kitten, and Squirrel will pitch a fit.” He said. I could figure who Squirrel was, based on Sam being Moose, which made Castiel Kitten. “Yes, I can deal with them. When did you start calling Castiel ‘Kitten’?” I asked. Crowley chuckled. “He is one!”

Sam was waiting for us in the kitchen, a knowing smirk on his face. “There’s camera’s in the dungeon, so I saw that. You never told me you were ticklish Gadreel! Last night would have been fun, and we could have made Dean laugh!” Sam pouted. Crowley laughed again and walked up to Sam, wrapping his arms around the Moose- sized chest. (AN: I looked it up, and the average moose height is 6’3”. Sam is taller than some moose!!!!!)

“Thank you for the offer, but I like things the way they are.” He said. Sam seemed surprised by the hug. “Are you a cuddly person?” He asked. I chuckled and picked up my abandoned Pepsi. “Is he? It’s nearly impossible to get him off of me sometimes!” Crowley blushed and ‘mission embarrass Crowley’ was accomplished.

“We’re home! Sammy, where the Hell are you?” Dean shouted from the hall. Crowley paled and scurried behind me. “God damn Squirrel ruining our moment.” He muttered. I chuckled and reached behind me, pulling Crowley away from my back. “Calm down. What’s the worst he can do?”

Crowley’s POV:

Apparently the worst Squirrel could do was try to kill me.  

Squirrel walked in, laughing with Kitten about something, and froze as he saw me standing beside Gadreel. I tensed, ready to flee at any second.

“Dean, don’t freak out, but we thought he might as well be under house arrest in the bunker, not just that stupid dungeon. We can actually keep better tabs on him if he’s around us all the time, rather than locked up down there. Plus, he’s pretty much powerless right now, so unless we just hand him a weapon, what can he do?” Sam launched, trying to stand in between the seething hunter and me. I stepped closer to Gadreel, resisting the urge to grab his sleeve like a five- year- old.

“So what? Why the Hell should I care if he won’t do anything, it’s Crowley! I could leave him there for spite if I wanted to!” Dean shouted, stepping closer to us. Sam placed a hand on Dean’s chest, holding him back for now, and I stepped back, only to be meet with the wall. I was truly afraid of the elder Winchester at the moment, and Castiel must have seen that, because he turned to Dean, saying “Dean, I don’t think it’s a bad idea. He must be going insane, what with the amount of time he’s been locked up with nothing to do.” He said. Dean sent him a look of betrayal before rounding on me.

“What the Hell sort of spell do you have on them? You’ve been way too much trouble, you bastard!”  he shouted. He took another step forward and staggered slightly. Oh great, just my luck, he’s drunk!

“Dean, please just consider the idea. I swear that my brother means no harm to you.” Gadreel said, stepping back to slip his hand comfortingly into mine. I held tightly, scared that he might get hurt trying to protect me.

Dean suddenly snapped, and lunged at me, knife in hand. Is that the bloody FIRST BLADE! I thought as I shoved Gadreel one way and dodged the blade in the other. I raced past him and through to where I knew a living room- with lots of space- was located. There was shouting behind me and a loud thump before Gadreel came running after me, Sam not far behind.

I quickly hugged Sam and turned to run again. “Wait! Where are you going?!” Sam asked, pulling me back towards him. “Running, you idiot! Squirrel’s going to kill me if he gets his hands on me! Who thought it was a good idea to get him drunk anyway?!” I shouted. Dean came lurching through the doorway.

“Dean! Don’t do that! You’re drunk, and you’ll just get hurt! Crowley’s not causing problems so just leave him alone!” Castiel was shouting from the other room. He came up behind Dean an placed his hand on Dean’s shoulder. Dean whipped around and slapped Castiel. Hard.    

Everyone froze. Castiel looked stunned, and a red mark was appearing on his face. Dean looked as if someone had just stabbed him, eyes wide as they took in the mark. Gadreel was moving his mouth, but no words were forming, and Sam seemed to be caught between grabbing me and running, or slapping Dean himself.

“Cas . . . I . . .” Dean stuttered. Castiel had tears forming n his eyes and he bolted upstairs, faster than I thought any human ever could. Dean stood there, staring after Castiel for a second, before he spun around and ran back out the way he had come in, dropping the blade along the way.

After a few minutes of tense silence, I picked up the blade and studied it. “How did he get ahold of the First Blade?” I asked no one in particular.

“I don’t know, he’s been doing a lot of weird stuff behind our backs lately. He could have gotten it then. What is it?” Sam asked. I sat down and sighed. “This is going to take a while . . .”