14 - Nicholas, Norbert and Nagging (Year 1)

The next morning in the common room was pretty miserable, all the Slytherins were sulking over Gryffindor's record win. Draco, though, seemed to be more miserable than most with his black eye that Ron had given him. Mila couldn't help but feel pure rage as Pansy stroked his face and asked him if he was okay. They all knew Pansy would drop her pants for Draco the first chance she got.

At breakfast, Harry told them what he saw after the match.

'Well, after I was done in the changing rooms, I went to put my broom away and I saw Snape walk down into the Forbidden Forest.'

'No surprise there,' muttered Ron. 

'I just wish the story ends in him being eaten by a Horklump.' 

 'Horklumps don't eat people, stupid, they eat worms,' laughed Mila, 'besides he's over there, so that's unlikely.'

'No distinction really.'

'Shush, Ron, let Harry finish,' hissed Hermione

'Me? Mila was talking too!'

'Carry on, Harry.'

'So I saw Snape walk down into the Forbidden Forest –'

'- You already told us that, mate.'

'Oh shut the fuck up, Ron,' said Mila as Hermione's eyes widened and lips pursed to stop herself from scolding

'Alright, Alright!'

'- And turns out he was meeting up with Quirrell and he asked him if he knew how to get past Hagrid's beast yet and said that they'd have another little chat when Quirrell has decided where is 'loyalties lie''

'Sounds like Snape's not smart enough to figure it out for himself,' said Ron. 

 'Or he knows and just wants to turn Quirrell to the 'dark side' and use him to get past Fluffy to see if it works so Snape doesn't get bitten again trying,' added Mila 

'Bit of a reach.'

'However still a possibility.'

'Oh poor, Professor Quirrell!' gasped Hermione. 'I do hope he doesn't tell Snape.'

Hedwig swooped into the table and landed on one of the many books that surrounded them followed by Cherub. They seemed to have made friends. Hedwig was much older and treated Cherub like her child.

'Hi Hedwig,' said Harry.

Hermione turned to Ron.

'Look at you, playing with cards, pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon.' 

 Ron scowled. 'It's only February! Exams are in May! Mind you, I'm ready, ask me any question.'

 'Alright. What are the three most crucial ingredients in a forgetfulness potion?' 

 'I forgot.'

'And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?'

'Copy off you.'

'No you won't,' Hermione scowled. 

'Besides, according to Professor McGonagall we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell.'

'That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!' Ron yelled at a bewildered Harry. 'Dumbledore again!' He threw his card down on the table. 

Fuck Mila thought as she looked at the card, she had forgotten to tell them about Nicholas Flamel, well not so much as forgotten - more that she hadn't found an opportunity to use it for her benefit.