; six

S A M - June 20, 1962 - 12:30 P.M.

Sam sighed as she stopped in front of the pink house.

The game was over moments ago and just liked she thought, the boys won; Luke and his team lost miserably.

Since Sam had nothing else to do, she decided to go visit her mother and father for the first time since she remembered them give he away. Her memory of that was extremely fuzzy since it happened when she was three, but she could make out the faces of her parents.

Sam started walking up the steps and up to the door. she knocked and moments later, Wendy opened the door.

"Hey, Sam!" She greeted and smiled widely. "Finally showed up to visit!"

"Yeah, uhm, sorry. I kind of forgot?" Sam smiled nervously, hoping her big sister wouldn't get mad.

"Never mind then, come on in. Mom and Dad are in the kitchen. Boy, I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they see you." Somehow, her smile widened as Sam stepped in and memories started to flood in.

The living room was still as how Sam remembered it. Nothing had changed.

It still had the same two old small white couches with fading yellow flower designs. It still had the rectangular wooden table that were adorned with small plants. It's walls were the still ugly beige that Sam remembered not liking.

One couch was against the wall while the other one was to the right of the first couch, it's back facing the kitchen. Next to the first couch, there were two doors, one led to Wendy's bedroom and the other one led to Sam's bedroom. Behind the second couch, there were stairs that leaded up to Sam's parents' bedroom and the bathroom.

"Mom! Dad! Look who's here!" Wendy called. She lead Sam into the kitchen and there they were. Her father was sitting on the table, reading the newspaper and her mother was balancing a boy on her hip. He looked three years old and she quickly got a bad vibe from him.

"Who's here, Wendy?" Their father flipped the page of the newspaper, fixing the glasses on his face, not even looking up.

"Why don't you guys see for yourself?" Wendy asks and their father looked up while their mother turned around. Their eyes widened and silence filled the small kitchen. Sam shifted uncomfortably.

From where Sam was standing, she saw her mother's eyes turned glossy. "Is that really you Samantha?"

Sam nodded and her father stood up before walking over to her and examining my face. His eyes then turned glossy too. "It is you, Samantha."

He engulfed Sam into a tight hug and she hugged him back as tightly. She shouldn't be comfortable since her parents gave her away but she had to admit, she missed them terribly. Sam pulled back and walked over to her mother. She hugged her the same way she hugged her father, but she hugged back with one arm. Sam forgot she was carrying a toddler.

She pulled back with furrowed eyebrows. "Erm, who's this?" Sam motioned over to the boy her was balancing on her hip.

"Samantha, meet your brother Jacob." She said and Sam felt a pang inside of her chest.

"B-brother?" Sam asked. So, they could afford to raise him, but not me? Sam thought as tears started to well up in her eyes. She had to go through hell to survive the streets since she was very very young while they were raising another child with no problem. Sam couldn't believe it.

"Yes brother, but enough about us. It's now about you!" Her father pulled Sam into another hug and started smoothing down her hair. "It's been so long a-and you haven't changed a bit. I'm so happy you're back."

Sam pushed him back with a hurt look on her face. "Yeah, you must be so happy to see me!" She exclaimed sarcastically. "I can't believe you couldn't afford to raise me but you could afford to raise him!" She pointed at Jacob.

"Samantha, we're-"

"Sorry? Sure you are, 'Mom'." Sam mocked, making quotation marks with her fingers. Sam obviously wouldn't call her Mom, she just wanted her to feel bad; as bad as she was feeling then. "And don't even say that you love me because if you did, you would've never gave me up. If you guys really loved me, you would've fought for me, no matter how bad the situation."

Silence filled the room and Wendy was staring at Sam in shock. Sam rolled her eyes, trying to cover the glossiness they had before her parents and sister noticed. She then shook her head before walking to the door

"Samantha, wait!" Her mother and father called out to her but she was already out the door. Sam ran all the way to the sandlot, tears blurring her vision. When she arrived, she wiped my eyes then seconds later, her vision cleared up. The boys were throwing a ball around but they stopped as soon as they saw Sam stumble in.

Sam sniffled as she heard footsteps running towards her. Suddenly, big, soft hands gripped her small hands and hazel-green eyes peered into her blue ones.

"Sam," Benny breathed out. "Whats wrong?"

"No-nothing Benny." Sam turned her head to the side to avoid his intense gaze. His eyes were making her weak in the knees.

"Don't be full of it, Sam." Benny placed his fingers under Sam's chin and turned my head back to look into her eyes again. "You booked the field, right after we won the game."

(A/N: Full of it- someone who is incorrect or outright lying. Booked or book- Leave the area.)

"Don't sweat about it Benny, I'll tell you later."

"Promise?"

"Promise." Sam confirmed.

"Okay." Benny let go of her chin, Sam already missing the warmth of his touch. "Now that that's out of the way, we're going to the carnival tonight. To celebrate our victory, ya' know?"

Sam nodded.

"So, it's gonna be at eight tonight. Do ya' wanna come?"

"Sure!" Sam's face broke into a smile. "Sounds like fun."