Unfaithful

"He knows I'm unfaithful and it kills him inside"

Piper's POV

My hand lingered over the doorknob,reluctant to open it and face him once again.His ocean blue eyes,that oblivious grin that I've fallen in love with...the grin old Piper fell in love with, I internally correct myself,taking a deep breath and biting my lip.I finally got the courage to open the damn door and stepped inside,the familiar scent of the apartment overtaking my senses.

"Hey Pipes!" He called out,approaching me with a huge smile.

I started twisting my bracelet,a nervous habit I had developed,and smiled up at him,trying to look as sincere as possible.

"How was your day?" He asked,his smile unfaltering.

I wish that smile would leave his face upon seeing me instead of growing bigger,I wish he'd realize I wasn't worth it and walk out that door right now,it would hurt us both way less in the long run.

"It was great! I spent most of it at the studio,you know choreographing and all" I lied right through my teeth.

After winning Dancemania A-troupe became professional dancers,meaning that we could no longer dance together.Everyone went their separate way.Finn decided to continue on dancing and is now a professional dancer,dancing on several popular shows,while I opted for putting a halt on my dance career and becoming a choreographer instead. Finn and I moved in together a few years later,and here we are now. He stared at me for a few seconds,as if sensing something was wrong,but then brushed it off and put an arm around me,walking with me to the living room.I so wished the ground would open up and swallow me whole at this exact moment,the guilt was eating at every inch of me and I was slowly giving up,bit by bit.

Flashback

"Piper,why didn't you take your medication?" He asked,his voice clearly irritated.

I looked up from my phone,shrugging "I don't see why I should. I don't need it,I'm fine"

He looked at me with a look of pure shock and disbelief "Piper you've had 3 panic attacks this week! You're obviously not fine.Have you been going to your therapy appointments?"

I didn't bother looking up this time "No".

He sighed,shaking his head and sitting next to me on the couch "Pipes,the medication and appointments are crucial.You told me you didn't want me to go with you and I respected that,but you need to go yourself"

"I said I'm fine Finn" I muttered,shooting him a glare.

"Piper I'm fighting for you,for us.I can't lose-" Before he could finish what he was saying I got up,snatching my coat and opening the door. "We're over"I calmly said before slamming it,leaving Finn sitting there unable to comprehend what just happened.I was done with him.

I'd spent hours at the studio that night,thinking over everything.Why couldn't he just understand that I'm okay,that I'm not some broken person that needed to be fixed.I hated my anxiety,I hated my stupid panic attacks,and I hated Finn for trying to force me to address the problem when I'd much rather ignore it. That's when Heath (who was appointed as studio head at the same studio I choreograph at) showed up. A few comforting words turned into a few platonic hugs (Or that's what I tried convincing myself) and before I knew it we were kissing.I didn't know who kissed who first and I didn't care,I wanted to hurt Finn as much as he hurt me. The guilt only started seeping in when I went back home and found Finn in a panicked state of frenzy,worried sick over me.

Flashback

I walked through the door and directly felt arms around me,their warm embrace that I usually cherish making me shudder.

"I'm sorry" I whispered,eventhough he doesn't know what I'm apologizing about.

He kissed my head,hugging me even tighter "It's okay baby.I love you and you're gonna have to work with me on this okay? Oh god I love you so much,I thought I lost you".Those words tore me up. Little did he know he did lose me,just not in the way he'd ever imagined.

I don't know why,2 years later,I still do it. I don't like Heath per say or have any feelings for him at all,I know I'll always love Finn.Heath is just a breath of fresh air,an escape from my torturous reality. Unlike Finn,who knows about all my problems and mistakes,the things that make me undesirable,Heath doesn't. He doesn't try and get me to open up,he doesn't know about the fact that I'm torn and tattered inside,he doesn't know that I'm a nuisance to everyone around me. Izzy didn't know about this either.She is one of my closest friends,is engaged to this man,who she sees as the love of her life,and I'm helping him cheat on his fiancée, What kind of person am I? I still don't understand why Finn loves me when he should've ran as far away as possible after learning about all my broken pieces,but instead he stayed to help me pick up and repair all those pieces. And this is how I was repaying him.

Finn's POV

Everytime she walks out that door it slowly kills me inside, taking a piece of my heart with her. When she says she's going to hang out with Amy or Lily,or going to run a rehearsal, she thinks I don't know where she's actually going. Heathcliff. But everytime I even think of leaving her the thought clouds my reality and transports me into another one without her, with even more pain,my life empty and worthless. So I stay. I take what I still have left of my Pipes, I hold on to the few moments she's mine, I love her with every bit of my being knowing that she doesn't care. Every bit of my heart belongs with her and she's destroying it senseless, leaving me bruised and broken. But I stay because if I leave, I'll have to accept the fact that I'll never see her again. That smile, those gorgeous brown eyes, that chocolate brown hair that flows down her shoulders. I'll never get to hear that laugh again, or her terrible singing voice that makes my day. I stay because eventhough she's breaking me everyday, It'll kill me to leave.

I sincerely apologize for the angst in this but I just thought of this idea and I can honestly see Finn doing this (not saying that Piper would ever cheat haha). Anyways I love you all and have a good day/night!