Jurian Vs Gar

The journey to Lionheart was smooth for a while, the days would go by peacefully, on this particular day, a change could be felt.

It was a change of a different nature to the normal, unlike the changing of the seasons or the changing of the weather. This was a change of fate, Aurelius would soon understand that not all in this new world he has entered, was as it seemed.

Life here was more cruel, his past life there was much death in places he only heard of, yet here, he would learn that it was simply part of life. One would have to become part of the cruelty of the world, if they were to survive.

This change of fate began when he entered this world, the body he inhabits, was never meant to be born. So, fate has adjusted, written anew, a path created that only Aurelius would walk.

This change of fate now complete on this day, which started just like many of the others during his journey, yet will end completely different.

Yet unaware of what fate lay in store for him, Aurelius continued channeling the energy from the world into him.

While the unassuming baby boy, lay in the reeds, the father of Aurelius focused on a different kind of channeling.

He wrote lines upon lines into the ground below, imbuing them with his energy. The lines would glow softly with a red warmth, then blend into the ground, merging with the earth around them.

Jurian was at work, creating arrays that would help him fend off the attack of Gar and his allies.

He knew that Gar was strong, though not a mage like him, his strength lay in a different sort of power. Yet Jurian only knew rumours of the man, what little facts he did know, were that the man was a strong warrior.

So the afternoon drifted off, until the sun began to set. As the darkness of the night, illuminated gently by the moon above, enveloped the land. Jurian finished the last of his arrays.

As he dusted his hands clean, he walked over to his child, giving him a small amount of milk he had, the trip was to last one more day, his supply for the baby boy would last until then.

After he fed Aurelius, he returned to wait for Gar. So began the night that would decide Aurelius' fate.

Meanwhile, Aurelius laid in his little baby bag, all cozy and warm. After his dinner, he felt calm and relaxed. The first time he was fed, he felt belittled and annoyed, alas he was a baby, he couldn't very well cook a steak on a fire...

So he grit his teeth and endured it, in time, this embarrassing portion of his life would pass.

So with the future ahead, he looked again to strengthen himself. He felt that this power was only as useful to him if he could actually use it.

He focused again to bring forth the energy around his body, circulating it to all the extremities within him.

It was menial work, yet the more the energy circulated, the easier it became. Until an hour later he had finally achieved the harmony he was looking for.

The energy from his core now easily coursed through him, looking at his surroundings he pondered to himself.

I'm able to easily manipulate this energy through my body now, which means I should be able to start doing a bit of what Jurian can do!

So with a new goal set in his mind, the baby wrapped inside a warm blanket, began to reach out to the world with his energy.

At first he felt like it was just flowing out of him, wasting away into nothingness. Yet after setting his mind to a certain object, he noticed a feeling, a link to what ever he focused the energy to.