Years Gone By

The time spent in Lionheart Academy began slowly at first, each day dragging out longer than the next.
Aurelius spent all his time and effort learning to do the basics a human should know... like walking, talking.
Nine months after he was born, the Decimus household welcomed another boy into the world, they named him Gerald.
Gerald seemed as normal as one could be for a baby, Aurelius had hoped that potentially another person from his world may have entered through the same way he did yet all seemed as it should be. So he continued his training, by this time he was able to walk around easily.
By his first year of rebirth, he was able to levitate around the family area of the tower. Jurian and Marian both almost lost their minds the first time he started levitating up and down the stairs. Yet soon they were accustomed to it, as long as he never ventured into the areas down stairs, his hidden potential would remain concealed from prying eyes.

Before they knew it, he was cleaning the rooms and stairs similarly to the first day they returned. Although it took longer and he had to stop to regain mana, he would be done nonetheless in a few hours.

"Lucius must have remembered the two of us doing it when we first came here!" Jurian had said to Marian, the first time they caught him cleaning.
Shaking her head, Marian looked to her partner and replied.
"Let's hope he doesn't start blowing up roof tops at the age of five! He saw that too remember."
Jurian had to admit, the uncertainties of raising a prodigy came with many doubts and concerns.

Yet they marched forward and before long, Marian gave birth to the final set of children for the household.
She had given birth to twins who they named Lucy and Leah. The two children again, showed no signs of being like Aurelius.
So he continued training and learning different ways to use his new found powers.
By the time he was two years old his power had tripled since he was a baby.
Able to completely do the chores within ten minutes, the two year old boy would float around the tower without end.
Only landing when he was finished with the cleaning.
At first, he could only do one set chore at a time, yet before long he was multitasking all the chores at once. Using the earth elements to round the dirt up, using air elements to blow extra dust into the piles, the water and fire elements to polish and clean the surfaces. He would clean the house faster than the two parents were capable of doing together!

Before long, the tower's lower levels were full of novices, all learning and working within the facilities. Jurian had mastered his array which he called the Walking Inferno, on the day of its completion, he took the family and the novices outside to a dirt patch of land and demonstrated the new spell.
He did not draw any lines or conjure the elements, he simply looked at everyone and smiled.
Before everyone's eyes, his body shone with multiple upon multiple lines and inscriptions, at the same time as they would light up, his body was engulfed in flames.
To everyone's shocked eyes, he did not burn, nor did his clothes incinerate under the heat.
Yet wherever he walked, the flames would follow, as he gestured one of the novice to throw rocks and pebbles at him, when they landed on his fire, they would heat into glowing red balls of rock before melting in front of him.
Thus, his ultimate attack and defence array was mastered!
As he turned off his Walking Inferno, the flames disappeared and the area around him began to cool. What remained was a black scorched earth where he was standing.

Aurelius couldn't help but jump up and down with joy in his mind, such a strong and powerful way to use magic!
Jurian looked at him with pride in his eyes.
Hehe! The boy still looks up to me!
He thought to himself, inwardly patting himself on the back.
"Son, if you wish to learn this type of magic, you will have to go to school and learn the fundamentals before you can learn arrays!"
Waiting for his sons reply, Jurian smiled a great and fatherly smile.
Aurelius looked to his father and replied.
"Yes, father!"
Grumbling under his breath, Jurian waited for the real answer. Tapping his foot softly before him.
Awkwardly looking to make sure no one heard, Aurelius replied sheepishly.
"Yes daddy..."
Jurian lit up like a ball of energy harnessed directly from the sun! He beamed a large smile and laughed a burly laugh.
"That's my boy!" Patting his son on the back, he let him run off to catch up with Marian and the other children.