Chapter 12: Open House

Issei left his home as last night, Sirzechs had stayed over for the night. Rias was escorting Sirzechs and Grayfia, showing them around the town of Kuoh. Asia had went to retrieve Xenovia and Y/N had messaged the perverted boy that he was going to meet him at the school.

As Issei was walking to the school, he stopped. He spotted a tall man leaning up against the gate. He had silver grey hair, perhaps a bit darker than Grayfia's, and was sorta spiky. He had blue eyes and was wearing black clothing. Issei stared at the clothes. He came to a conclusion that there are two people that wear only black clothing. Then his left arm pulsed.

???: This is the second time we've met here.

Issei: What?

???: Welsh Dragon, Red Dragon Emperor, Issei Hyoudou...I'm Vali, White Dragon Emperor, the Vanishing Dragon.

Issei: So you're...(clenches arm)

He comes to his senses as he sees that Vali had his finger pointed at, in front of him. Issei couldn't even sense him.

Vali: You're defenseless. What if I used magic--

Issei: (steps back) Boosted--

Issei was cut off as Kiba and Xenovia had summoned their swords and put it up against Vali's neck, prepared to cut his throat should they need to.

Kiba: That's not funny.

Xenovia: We can't let you have a showdown with the Welsh Dragon here, White Dragon Emperor.

Y/N: Kiba, Xenovia, stay your blades.

Vali: And I wonder what you're doing here...Y/N.

Y/N: I could ask the same for you...Vali.

Vali: That power you displayed against Kokabiel was impressive. If you had the Ddraig within you, our matches would surely be interesting, wouldn't you say? The two swordsman with their swords drawn, do you really think you can defeat me? Still, if you don't care that we're in public, you can keep doing that for as long as you want.

Kiba and Xenovia then make their swords disappear and walk on over to stand beside Issei and Y/N with Asia standing behind Issei.

Vali: Issei Hyoudou. Where would you rank yourself in this world's power rankings?

Issei: Huh?

Vali: Your Balance Breaker is still incomplete, but well, it'd rank somewhere in the four-digits. Somewhere between 1000 and 1500, I'd say. Wait, I guess it's the host's specs would drag it even further down. Y/N is more powerful than you. I'd say in the double-digits somewhere, but he is still beneath me.

Issei: (grits teeth) What's your point?

Vali: Issei Hyoudou is a valuable existence. Raise him well, Rias Gremory.

Issei: (looks back) Buchou...!

Rias: Vanishing Dragon...what are you playing at? You have ties with the Fallen Angels, so if you make excessive contact--

Vali: The Welsh Dragon and Vanishing Dragon are called the "Two Heavenly Dragons." Nobody who's gotten involved with the red and white dragons ever led a decent life. I wonder how it'll go for you. ...I didn't come here to fight. (walks past group) I'm too busy for that. Oh, and Y/N?

Y/N: (grunts)

Vali: Do keep in touch.

Vali walks off, leaving the ORC to themselves. Rias walks next to Issei and grips his hand, tightly. Something was stirring. And they didn't like it.

They all enter the school and Issei had gone to the their classrooms. Y/N had told them to address Y/N as "Kazuto Kirigaya" or "Kirito" for short. They understood the reason as someone could still be after Y/N. Despite him being one of the top mercenaries in Kuoh, he had a massive bounty on his head.