Chapter 25: The Dimensional Gap

Issei, Y/N, Koneko, and Gasper were now looking at Rias, who was being held by another Issei, but this one felt different.

Issei: You bastard! What are you trying to pull, looking like me!?

He runs forward, ignoring the pleas of his other comrades. Rias raises her hand up, producing a glyph, causing Issei to be launched back. Koneko jumps in and catches her. Y/N raises his hands up, preparing to fire a spell should he need to.

Issei: (disbelief) B-Buchou...?

Koneko: This ki...

Issei: Buchou! Get a hold of yourself! That isn't me!

She falters a little until she glances up at the fake Issei, who only grins and brings her closer.

Y/N had enough and knew that the fake Issei is using Rias's weakness of Issei's affection towards her.

Y/N: Cryo--

He was interrupted from casting his spell as Rias was quick on the uptake, raising her hand and quickly activating her magic and knocking Y/N back and hitting the wall.

The fake Issei caresses Rias's hair while the original Issei could only stare in shock. Y/N slowly gets up and mutters the spell he was trying to cast.

Y/N: (mutters) Cryogenic Element.

A small blue sprite leaves Y/N's finger tips and land at Rias's and the fake Issei's feet, freezing their legs. It was useless as the fake Issei raises his left hand, creating a bright red light that allowed all the other ORC members to see. Seeing that there could be trouble, they took off to see if they can assist in the situation.

Then in a split second, the roof of the Old School House building explodes. The light dies down and the whole roof of the Old School House building was scorched, missing the entire roof. There were still students around, wondering what was going on, unknown to them that a magical blast had occurred there. Soon, the Student Council caught wind of the situation and dispersed the innocent crowd.

Soon after, Issei is caring a wounded Y/N, who was suffering from the blast that he suffered from Rias. Later, Irina, Xenovia, and Kiba arrive on the scene. They spot Issei, Y/N, Asia, Koneko, and Gasper leaning up against the trees, with Y/N clutching his chest in pain. The others run on over and Irina puts Y/N's head on her lap, Kiba looking over his friend and Xenovia tending to the others.

Asia: Issei-san, what happened!?

Akeno: (walks up with Sona) We still don't know the details. Gasper-kun stopped time right before the explosion and pulled these three to safety.

Irina: Y/N...? Boo...? Come on, talk to me...please...

Y/N doesn't respond and was only letting out pained groans, still clutching his chest.

Irina: Come on Y/N, this isn't funny. Come on, wake up please...

He still doesn't answer and Irina starts to tear up, fearing the worst. Kiba puts a hand to Y/N's forehead and could feel him burning up.

Kiba: He's got a massive fever. How did this happen?

Sona: I can't believe something like this could happen on our school grounds. (eyes widen) Where's Rias?

Issei: (grits teeth) Dammit!

They hear footsteps walking towards them and they see Azazel and Rossweisse walking up to them.

Gasper: Sensei!

Azazel: Valhalla sent over an emergency message to Rossweisse. Loki did this.

Issei: What did you say!?