Championship Battling, Kalos Style

"There's that spin technique I taught him!" Dawn exclaimed. "It always comes in handy whenever the situation calls for it."

"It most certainly does," Angela said while turning to Serena, who has a bright smile across her face. "Are you enjoying the match so far, Serena?"

"Yeah, Angela," Serena responded. "I am. It's been the most enjoyable battle I have ever seen Ash take place in for a long time."

"It helps when there's nothing at stake here." Angela joked.

"However," Serena said calmly. "I know the battle has just started and it's going to be a long one. I do hope Ash doesn't get overconfident with the victories he's been getting lately."

Dawn joins in on the conversation. "No need to worry, Serena! With five years of intense training under his belt, I'm sure Ash won't let overconfidence get the best of him here."

"Yeah," Serena said, agreeing with her coordinator friend. "You're right. Thanks, Dawn."

"Glad to help settle your nerves, Serena," Dawn said as the three women looked back at the field below to resume watching the battle.

----

The Kalos Champion returns her defeated Pokemon back to its Pokeball. She then praises the Despot Pokemon for doing the best it could do against Ash's Charizard. As she grabs for another Pokeball, Diantha stares back at a smiling Ash with determination burning in her eyes.

"I'm very impressed with the way you used that spin technique to land a direct blow to my Tyrantrum. You must be very proud of yourself." Diantha said while praising Ash for his use of the spin technique.

"Geez, thanks," Ash responded, before adding on to his statement. "But I learned that technique from my good friend, Dawn, who showed me that technique when she was traveling with me and Brock back in Sinnoh."

"Well," Diantha said as she unclicks one of her Pokeballs. "It appears you haven't forgotten the lessons you have learned from your traveling companions in the five years you've been away from training."

"Are you kidding?" Ash responded as he turned to look at the elite suite with all of his friends watching him battle. "There's no way I would ever forget any important lesson I have learned from all my friends. After all, their lessons made me stronger in more ways than one."

His words made his friends cheer even louder for him as he praises them on how they have helped him out throughout his travels. He turns to face the Kalos Champion who is ready to reveal her next Pokemon.

"And I will use their teachings to win this battle today!" Ash proclaims as he's ready to get back into the battle.

"We'll see how friendship can handle this fighter! Come on, Hawlucha!" Diantha exclaims as she releases her second Pokemon.

From the light of Pokeball, out came a bipedal bird-like Pokémon with colorful plumage. Its head curves into a beak-shape in the front, but its mouth is located in a white patch under the beak's curve. It has a blue-green mask-like marking across its face, an orange blaze running from its forehead to the back of its neck, an orange ring around each eye, and a small, red patch at the tip of its beak. There is black space around its eyes, which are yellow with paler yellow sclerae. On the back of its head are two rectangular, tassel-like feathers. Its red, cape-like wings have blue-green undersides and are connected to its feathery tail. Near the tip of each wing is a three-clawed hand. Its front is white with a line of red along its neck and the top of its chest. It has small, yellow feet with three toes each.

The Wrestling Pokemon gets into its fighting stance. Ash studies the Pokemon carefully, before kneeling down to his faithful starter Pokemon. Pikachu stares at Ash with determination burning in his eyes. Ash could tell that the Mouse Pokemon really wants to battle now. Ash nods and stands back up.