Hello, Alola! I'm Back!

Special thanks goes out to rakuyouu for helping me decide on Ash and Serena's summer outfits and HAKDurbin for his amazing editing, help with some of the dialogue, and allowing me to use his description for the Sun and Moon Farewell scene. Hope you enjoy it.

---

"Ash?" A voice called out, before getting louder. "Ash, wake up!"

The young man is awakened from his slumber in his airplane seat by the shaking of the honey-blonde woman sitting on the left side of him. He slowly opens his eyes and stretches his arms as he becomes fully awake. He first turns to see a sleeping Lucario, to his right and looks to see a sleeping Pikachu on his lap. He smiles brightly at them, before turning to look at the woman who woke him up.

"Oh, hey Serena," The young man said to his traveling companion. "Good morning."

"Morning, sleepyhead," Serena responded as she chuckles. "I woke you up because the plane is about to land."

Serena's words suddenly changed Ash's facial expression from drowsiness to restless, as he forms a big smile on his face. Then, he hears an announcement from the plane's PA. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Alolan region. We're landing at Melemele Island International Airport. Local time is 7:30 a.m. and the temperature is 80℉."

As the announcements were going on, Lucario and Pikachu slowly wake up from their sleep. They both yawn and stretch before they slowly open their eyes. Ash and Serena smile at the Pokemon waking up. Serena takes a peek at the island they are landing and smiles at the sights of the beautiful beaches, ocean, cities, and landscapes from above. Ash looks at his girlfriend with a bright smile. This is a trip he had been planning on taking with Serena for a while ever since he won the Pokemon Masters Tournament. He explained to her that at some point, during his five-year training mission, that he visited the islands, caught some Pokemon, and made some new friends in the Alola region. His friends only knew him through his secret alias, Aaron; however, they are two people that he lived with, during his time in Alola, who exactly knew his secret before it was revealed during the finals of the tournament.

His thoughts start replaying the day that he had to leave Alola to compete in the Wild Card Tournament, so he could compete in the Master Tournament. He remembers it like it was yesterday.

---

"All passengers flying to the Kanto region, please proceed to gate B. We will begin boarding shortly." A man on the intercom said to the people of the airport.

The masked trainer, with his Pikachu and Lucario, heard the announcement as they turned to face the people who he had stayed with for a year. The first man is Professor Kukui, a young man with a muscular physique, who has dark eyes, black hair, a black man bun, and a goatee. He was wearing a white hat with a rainbow decoration in the front, glasses with a teal frame, a white lab coat with rolled-up sleeves, grey baggy pants with a teal stripe and white drawstrings, teal shoes with white outlines, and a silver ring on his finger.

Standing next to Kukui is his wife, Professor Burnet. She has tan skin, medium-short white spiky hair pointing backward, and yellow eyes. She was wearing a grey vest and black stirrup pants, wearing green flat shoes and a green headband at the back of her head and around her neck, a silver necklace, with her wedding ring hanging, and a black jacket with orange ends tied to her waist

The professors frowned when they heard the intercom, as both were dreading the fact that the masked trainer had to finally go. They knew he had his mission to defeat Giovanni and reunite with Serena, but they wished the trainer, who was like a son to them, could stay longer. Ash, Pikachu, and Lucario also share their sadness as the five of them walk all the way to the front of the hall leading to the plane.