The Epic Mega Rival Conclusion

"My, my, this is quite an interesting reversal, wouldn't you agree?" Delia asked the honey-blonde performer who sat next to her on the grass.

"What do you mean?" Serena asked her boyfriend's mother.

"Well, years ago," Delia began her explanation to his son's girlfriend. "When Ash and Gary battled each other at the Silver Conference, Ash was in a situation that Gary's in right now. Ash had only one Pokemon left, while Gary had three Pokemon remaining. Ash's last Pokemon was his Charizard, who was able to knock all three of Gary's remaining Pokemon and win the whole match for him."

"Wow," Angela, who was listening to Delia's explanation, said in amazement over Ash's underdog victory over Gary at the Silver Conference. "That's quite an impressive victory, considering the conditions that Ash had to deal with back then."

"So what are you saying? You think Gary could pull that same underdog victory that Ash did back during their battle at the Silver Conference?" Serena asked Delia, with a worrying expression on her face.

"No, not at all, dear," Delia said, comforting Serena with her gentle words. "Although, anything can happen in a battle, Serena. We'll just have to wait and see."

"Yeah," Serena responded as she refocused her attention back to the battle, while her thoughts were praying for Ash to win.

---

The young researcher took out the Pokeball that contains his starter Pokemon. He gazed upon the Pokeball he held with a smile on his face. He has had many adventures with this Pokemon who has been by his side from the very beginning. It's his strongest Pokemon, and his last hope for victory in this battle. Gary then turned his gaze towards the black-haired trainer across from him, while still smiling.

"You've made it this far, Ashy Boy," Gary said, as the expression on his face changed to a serious look. "But that'll be far enough! Blastoise, go!"

Gary throws the Pokeball into the air to reveal his final Pokemon. Landing with a thud, Gary's Blastoise lets out a roar, then gets into a battle-ready stance. Ash, with a serious expression on his face, notices Blastoise wearing a piece of armor, on its forehead, with a shining Mega Stone in it. The Shellfish Pokemon then glares at the Seed Pokemon with intense eyes of burning passion as it challenges the Grass and Poison-type Pokemon to battle. Even though Venusaur is completely exhausted from its battle against Electivire, the Seed Pokemon was still raring to go into battle.

"Let's go! Venusaur!" Ash shouted as he called the first attack. "Petal Blizzard!"

Suddenly, pink petals circle Venusaur's body and then fires them towards the Shellfish Pokemon.

"Rapid Spin! Blastoise!" Gary countered against the Grass-type move.

Blastoise pulls its head, arms, legs, and cannons into its shell and starts spinning like a disc. It's deflecting the pink petals as it keeps spinning towards the heavily breathing Seed Pokemon. Ash grunts in frustration as his Grass-type attack appears to not be inflicting damage to the Water-type Pokemon.

"Ice Beam!" Gary said with a calm tone in his voice.

Light blue balls of energy are formed in front of Blastoise's cannons, and then light blue beams are discharged from the light blue balls and are sent towards the exhausted Venusaur. With little to no energy left, the Seed Pokemon could only stand there like a sitting duck and get struck by the super-effective Ice-type attack. Hearing the scream of agony from his Pokemon, the expression on Ash's expression turned from serious to concerned for his loyal Grass Pokemon.

"Venusaur!" Ash yelled out, as he saw his Grass and Poison-type Pokemon collapsed to the ground with swirls in its eyes.

"Venusaur is unable to battle! Blastoise wins!" Trevor announced the results of that short battle, as Ash recalls his fallen Pokemon to its Pokeball.