Beyond the Light of Friendship

As the smoke slowly cleared away, both trainers were feeling anxious to see which of their Charizards was victorious. When the smoke finally cleared, they saw one of the Flame Pokemon standing up straight, while the other one was laying on the ground unconscious. The unconscious Charizard's trainer grunts in frustration over its defeat. As for the victorious Charizard's trainer, he breathes a sigh of relief and his face expresses joy in his heart that his Charizard was the winner of this challenging matchup.

"I'm glad that's over," said Trevor, smiling over his Charizard's outstanding victory against Mega Charizard X. "Awesome job, Charizard! I'm very proud of you!"

Although his Charizard is almost completely exhausted from its intense battle, the Flame Pokemon was able to let out a Flamethrower of celebration. Its trainer smiled at this sight. However, the celebrations were brought to an end by the soft voice of the mysterious man, who returned his unconscious Charizard to its Pokeball. Trevor could hear the somber, yet anger tone in the man's voice.

"My Charizard...My closest friend...The Pokemon I shared an incredible bond with...Even with Mega Evolution, it still lost to your regular Charizard..." The man stated as he gritted his teeth out of frustration. "How is that possible?"

"Blaze!" Trevor responded to the mysterious man's question. "My Charizard's Blaze ability was activated after it came out of the waters. Its Blaze increased the power of the Blast Burn that defeated your Mega Charizard X who was paralyzed and did not have enough strength to make that one last push with its Giga Impact. You raised your Charizard well, but me and my Charizard have been through years of experiences and training together in the toughest of climates. Our victory here today proves it!"

Charizard and Gregor nodded in agreement with their trainer before all three were gazing upon the man in the red-black coat standing across from them. Suddenly, they hear a soft chuckle coming from the unknown figure. Trevor was puzzled about the mysterious man's reaction.

"What's so funny?" Trevor asked his opponent with cautiousness in his voice.

"You think you've already won?" The chuckling man responded while extending his arm outward. "Well, this test is far from over."

"So you've got one more Pokemon, huh?" Trevor questioned the mysterious man, as a Master Ball suddenly appears out of thin air and in the palm of his hand. The sight of the Master Ball made both Trevor and Mewtwo gasped in shock and moved back a bit out of nervousness. "Judging from that Master Ball, I'll say your last Pokemon must be that powerful."

"Oh, yes," The man said, as he showed off the Master Ball to his cautious opponent. "The Pokemon you're about to face is one you've never encountered or battled before. Not even your Mewtwo stands a chance against it."

Trevor takes a look at his Mewtwo and notices the determination and passion in its eyes. They both looked at each other and nodded as if they understood what needed to be done right now. Trevor takes out Charizard's Pokeball and returns the Flame Pokemon to it. Then, the Genetic Pokemon walks onto the battlefield and lets out a deafening battle cry that shook the area. It was ready to battle whatever Pokemon comes out of that Master Ball.

"We'll see about that," Trevor said, while confidently grinning.

After hearing and witnessing the responses from Trevor and Gregor, the mysterious man tosses the Master Ball into the air. When the light faded away, the Pokemon that came out of the Master Ball surprised both Trevor and his Mewtwo. Trevor gasped in horror at the mysterious man's last Pokemon. That confident grin on Trevor's face was quickly replaced with his mouth wide opened out of shock. He could feel his stomach tighten as he continued to stare at his Mewtwo's opponent.