Into the Unknown

A few weeks following Ash's birthday party, Trevor was given an assignment by his boss at the Pokemon Ranger HQ in Viridian City. He was tasked to investigate strange readings from within Cerulean Cave. For some reason, the Pokemon, living the cave, have all moved out. Whatever the source of the strange readings may be, it's having an impact on the Pokemon living there. Trevor accepted this task without hesitation and flies over to Cerulean Cave on his Charizard, who has become his main source of transportation to get around the Kanto Region. Since he needs to get to places throughout Kanto quickly, especially since he's a Pokemon Ranger, his Charizard's incredible speed allows him to arrive at his destination earlier than expected.

Standing outside of the cave, Trevor, in his Ranger uniform, stares at the entrance of the dangerous Cerulean Cave with a serious expression painted across his face. He's only been in the cave once before. He'll never forget that day, nor would he, because it was the day when he met Mewtwo and Angela. Although the events of that day might have started badly, it paid off for when the day met its end as Trevor obtain his Pokemon friend for life and the love of his life. Pokemon Ranger Trevor takes a deep breath before calling out his Mewtwo. His Mewtwo, nicknamed Gregor, appeared out of the Pokeball. When the light faded, the Genetic Pokemon looked up, and immediately, it knew where they were. It turned to look at its trainer before Trevor gave it a nod, which Gregor responded with a nod of its own. With both understanding the task on hand here, they both entered into the great unknown of Cerulean Cave to uncover the mystery of the strange energies coming from deep within the cave.

---

"Man," Gregor said as he and Trevor navigate through the cave's darkness, with Trevor leading the way while holding a flashlight. "Never thought we would be back in this place again."

"Well, Gregor," Trevor begins to explain. "Sometimes, life finds its way to make us revisit places from our past that we never thought to visit again. I mean, after all, this place was the start of our bond."

"Yes, Trevor," The Genetic Pokemon replied with a grin. "I remember. I was living here, all alone, until you arrived and revealed to be the offspring of my good friend, Michael."

"To tell you the truth, I was quite surprised that you knew my father," Trevor said with a smile.

"I could never forget him, Trevor," Gregor stated with a soft smile on its face. "After all, he saved my life. I did not know how I was going to repay him."

Gregor suddenly stops walking. It took Trevor a few seconds to realize the quietness in Mewtwo's voice. He turns to face the Genetic Pokemon and Trevor notices a small frown on Gregor's face.

"When you told me that he was killed by Giovanni, I was completely devastated that my dear old friend was gone," Gregor said with a somber tone in his voice.

Trevor walks back to his saddened Pokemon and puts his gentle, comforting hand on its shoulder. The Genetic Pokemon lifts its head to meet eye contact with its trainer, who gives the Psychic-type Pokemon a small smile.

"I know, Gregor," Trevor stated in a soft voice. "I miss him too, every day of my life."

"Yeah," Gregor responded.

"But," Trevor begins to explain to his grieving Pokemon. "Never forget, he'll always be there with us. Our memories with him are eternal. They'll never be replaced. His spirit was what fills our hearts with the strength to enjoy life with a great sense of confidence, passion, respect, and love towards everyone we have met in our journey through life."

"You're right, Trevor," Gregor responded with a smile. "I'm sure your father would be proud of what you have accomplished in life, so far."

"I wouldn't say I have accomplished the big stuff, like becoming Pokemon League Champion or an Elite Four member or anything," Trevor explained as he and Gregor resume navigating through the darkness of Cerulean Cave. "I did accomplish the important challenges in life, such as getting married, buying a house, and starting a family."