An All-Out Brawl

"Oh my, this battle is getting insane here," Delia commented about the battle.

"It sure has," Serena agreed with Ash's mother.

"Those two are giving their all in this fight, aren't they?" Angela stated, while her daughter was sitting on her lap.

"Yeah! The excitement never ends!" Ashley shouted with a smile on her bright face, to which Delia nodded with a smile in response.

"By the way," Serena said, as she turned to Delia Ketchum with a curious expression in her eyes. "I have been meaning to ask you a question that has troubled me for some time now."

"Yes, dear, what is it?" Delia asked her son's girlfriend.

"Umm..." Serena struggled to find the right words to her question as it was quite a sensitive one.

Delia became concerned when she noticed a worrying expression on Serena's face. Angela noticed this and decided to take Ashley to get some Sea Salt Ice Cream, while also providing the two women some privacy in their conversation. Lucario, after sensing Serena's emotions through her aura, decides to meditate peacefully. Delia then puts her hand on Serena's shoulder to ease her anxiety.

"Ask me anything, dear," Delia stated, calming the performer's nerves. "I will answer to the best of my ability."

After a few seconds and the calming presence of Ash's mother, Serena asked her question to Delia.

"Could you tell me what happened to Ash's father?" Serena asked.

The question got Delia thinking for a few moments. She then turned to face Serena, who noticed Delia's face expressed sadness and grief. There were no tears in the eyes, but Serena could tell Delia was hurting inside.

"Well, Ash's father," Delia took a deep breath before continuing her answer to Serena's question. "He has been on a long journey ever since Ash was born. He hasn't come home since. You know, he competed in the Pokemon League and won. He also challenged the Elite Four and its Champion at the time. Despite those accomplishments, he insisted on continuing to travel the world."

"Wow," Serena said in response to Delia's answer to her question. "He sounds just like Ash alright. But why are you sad?"

"I'm sad because he hasn't once called the house to check on us. A good husband would do that when they leave their wife and only child alone at home, worrying constantly about his whereabouts, safety, and health! What if he's dead and we don't know about it?! Every day, I worried that the man I loved might be gone forever! It pains my heart to think of those thoughts...then when I thought Ash died, my heart sunk even deeper into that pitless abyss of darkness." Delia stated with tears starting to roll down her eyes.

Serena walked over to the grieving mother and hugged her tightly. What Delia is going through with her husband was what Serena went through when she thought she lost Ash six years ago. They both experienced the pain and grief of believing they had lost their loved ones forever. But when Serena discovered Ash was still alive, her heart washed away the despair and filled it with hope and happiness. At first, Serena got mad at Ash for not letting her know that he was still alive, but she was able to forgive him as him being alive was what kept her alive for all these years. Serena hugged Delia for a few moments until Serena broke the silence.

"You do not have to endure those pains anymore, Delia," Serena said, trying to comfort her boyfriend's mother. "Remember, you still have Ash. His presence just shows how much work you put into providing your child with love and care, despite raising him on your own."

The tears in Delia's eyes stopped as she smiled upon Serena, who smiled back at her.

"And even though the man you loved isn't here with you today, always remember, he'll always be with you, now and forever," Serena stated as she put her hand over her chest, showing where her heart is.