thirteen. ( the love doctor. )

BLAKE BARRETT was, by no means, an expert at love

BLAKE BARRETT was, by no means, an expert at love. Sure, he was anyone's dream and half the student population practically swooned when he walked by. ( It's the combination of his lustrous hair, chiseled features, and great arse, you know. ) Sure, he was happy to admit that, yes, he was in fact kind of a hoe, and he had the ability to charm the pants off of anyone. But in no bloody way possible was he the 'Love Doctor,' and feelings were honestly his least favorite thing in the entire world. They were fucking gross. He liked them even less than he liked getting haircuts or losing to Slytherin in quidditch and not being able to shove his beater's bat up Adrian Pucey's arse.

But while he definitely wasn't an expert at love, Blake was an expert at pretending things never happened — hence why he had been spending the past few weeks pretending like he hadn't snogged Milo Wagoner the night of the Yule Ball.

In pretending that it had never happened ( and by it, he means, of course, his and Milo's lips sharing oxygen and swapping spit for quite an extended period of time ), Blake had been ignoring Milo entirely.

That had made ringing in 1995 a little difficult — he and Cedric had ended up celebrating separately from Milo and Elaine, and yes, it was all his fault, because in addition to being kind of a hoe, Blake Barrett was wholly a selfish arse. But, Milo and Elaine had scrapbooked and painted each other's nails using pearlescent polish and had a gossip session by the fireside ( pardon him as he gags ), complete with boxes of Fizzing Whizzbees and Fudge Flies — and that, in his opinion, sounded a whole lot worse than the party he and Cedric had gone to and gotten absolutely plastered at, so it wasn't like Blake was really upset to have rung in the New Year apart. ( But he could tell that, maybe, Cedric and Elaine had been disappointed. But did he really expect them to kiss at midnight? Hell no! Because neither of them could get their bloody act together! )

Also, yes, Blake did snog someone at midnight, but if he's being honest, he really couldn't remember who. ( But he's young and having fun, so what does it matter! ) It might've been Angelique, the girl he'd taken to the Yule Ball and then ditched to hook up with Milo, but it also could have been Angelina Johnson ( in which case, Fred might kill him ), or maybe even Adrian Pucey ( Merlin, not to be dramatic but, he'll fucking off himself if it was ) — he was pretty sure whoever it was, their name had begun with an A, at least.