Episode 1:

Jennie pov:
  I woke up on Saturday at about 8:30, since we didn't have school i woke up somewhat "late". I rolled out of bed and walked to the living room where i saw my parents.

Third person pov:
"Good morning mom, dad." At the sound of their daughters voice both parents looked up from their book, and magazine to see their daughter in her over sized tee shirt, and sweat pants.

Both parents smiled seeing their daughter that they've known for 3 years. Raven got up to hug her daughter, giving her a peck on the top of her head. "Good morning sweetie. How did you sleep?"

Jennie pulls away from the hug looking up at her mom with a smile smile and her eyes still halfway closed. "I slept fine mom, thanks. Do you want me to help make breakfast?" Jennie asks her mom as she sits on the sofa next to her father. "It's alright dear, we ate earlier this morning. If you're hungry we have some fruit you could eat." Her father replied to his daughter still reading his news paper.

"I'm alright, i'm just gonna get dressed for the day." Jennie walks back into her room grabbing her towel and clean clothes, then walks into the bathroom stripping her clothes and hopping into the shower.

Emery pov:
Me and my family are on our way to Orlando, Florida where our dad hopes to start a new chapter, he's just opened a restaurant. He's been talking non stop about how excited he is, but mom and eddie on the other hand. Lets say they're the exact opposite of dad.

We finally pull up into our new house, where all we can see is white people. Eddie mentions something about how the only white people we had back in Chinatown were the ones who had got lost. We finally get out the car and we see our new neighbors, a mom, a dad, and a girl about my age. I notice she doesn't look like her parental figures, maybe she's adopted?

Third person pov: (sorry about the pov switches)

The cruz's had planned on taking a walk together when they had seen their new neighbors move in. Raven and Luke cruz walked up to their new neighbors, the Huangs with Jennie trailing behind getting distracted by the flowers. "Hi! Welcome to our neighborhood, my name is Raven cruz. This is my husband Luke, and our daughter Jennie." Raven said pointing at each of them as she introduced them, Luke gave a big grin and shook Louis's hand, whilst Jennie gave a small wave to the huang kids.

"Hello, my name is Jessica huang, this is my husband Louis, and my three sons, Eddie, Emery, and Evan." Jessica pointed at each of them as she introduced them as well. Louis shook Luke's hand back grinning back at him. Eddie was looking Jennie up and down with a grin on his face, Emery looked at her gave her a soft smile and waved back, and Evan said "hello its very nice to meet you." Jennie looked at evan and gave him a soft smile almost as if saying "same to you."

"Hey kids why don't you get to know each other? You guys can sit in our front yard and talk." Luke had suggested look at the huang kids, then back to his own child. "Sure pops, come on over." Jennie replied making an arm movement as to invite them over. The four kids walked to the cruz's grassy front yard all of the kids took a seat and sat in awkward silence.

Jennie was the first to break the awkward silence by asking the other kids "So where are you guys from?" All the huang's hadn't said anything till evan spoke up. "Our dad just opened a restaurant down here, and i know you didn't ask about it but i figured you might've later in the conversation. Also we're originally from Washington DC, china town." Evan had answered the question so quickly it took jennie a second to understand everything.

"Ahh, i see. So do you like it so far?" This time Eddie had spoken up, "I didn't, but now i do." He replied looking at jennie who was wearing, jean shorts, a tank top, and another over sized shirt but unbuttoned. Jennie at first felt flustered and swore her face turned a little red. "O-oh uh t-thanks i g-guess."

This time emery spoke "so how long have you lived here?" Jennie immediately stopped smiling, but replaced it with a small smile whilst playing with her fingers which she did quite often when nervous.

"Ah, so the cruz's adopted me about three years ago, so three year's ive been living in this area. But i'm originally born and raised from sunny florida." All the huang kids looked at jennie with different emotions, eddie with pity, emery with concern, and evan with confusion.

"What does adopted mean?" Evan has asked jennie who had laid on her stomach in the grass propping her face up with her hands. "Well evan, adopted means given a new family." Evan looked at her, confusion once again on the boys face. "What do you mean new family."

Jennie sighed a little before looking up at evan with a small smile. "It means that my birth parents aren't able to take care of me, so i get dropped off at this place called an orphanage. And if you're going to ask, an orphanage is a building with other kids who don't have parental figures to take care of them. So they have these nice workers, sometimes nuns to take care of you. And eventually, at some time point some parents or adults come into an orphanage to look for their own kids or to pick them up." Jennie tried her best to explain to the youngest boy.

Emery had a look of sympathy on his face. "I'm so sorry you has to go through that." Jennie looked at him with a small smile which quickly turned to a grin. "Hey, i'm a tough kid. I'll be alright huang." She jokingly threw a wink to the boy, whos face turned a bright red.

All four kids eventually had started a conversation about food and things they did. Soon both parents had come to the kids. "Hey kids we're gonna go but we'll see jennie and her parents later for dinner at our restaurant. So say bye for right now." Louis huang told his kids, whilst helping them up.

Jennie was about to get up, when a hand appeared slowly in her face. She looked up to see emery offering his hand to help her up. She took his hand and patted the grass down off her clothes."Thanks." "No problem." Emery replied with a smile, which the shorter girl returned. "See you guys later then, nice meeting you Mr and Mrs huang." Jennie said bowing a little. Mrs huang smiles at her. "Please sweetie just call me Jessica. And we'll see you soon." Both families took to their own house to relax until dinner.
TBC~

(Hi! that was the first chapter, what'd ya think of it? hope you enjoy my book, have a great day/ night. 💕)