Episode 4: Succes perm

Emery's pov:
Mom just told us our aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandma were coming to visit. Jennie was getting dropped off again for the weekend so she was gonna sleep on the couch. I figured it was gonna be a long weekend seeing as we haven't talked since the barbecue. I finally realized i like her, but i wanna talk things out with her before anything. Jennie had just gotten dropped off and was helping clean around the house. She helped mom plant lemon trees, clean the bathroom and, everything.

Jennie's pov:
We had finished cleaning, and i had tried my best to avoid emery. I know, it sounds selfish but i'd rather avoid him then let it be awkward. We walk up to eddie's room who's holding a CD.

"Whats 2-pack?" emery asked his brother. "It's pronounced 2-PAK." i corrected and eddie continued. "And it's not for you. Your baby ears aren't ready." eddie tells his brothers. "Remember that time a ladybug crawled in my ear." evan said. "And this is where i walk away." i tell the boys.

I walk over to the sofa to see grandma huang watching Television. "What are you watching?" i ask her in mandarin. "The trial of Kennedy Powell." she tells me. I nod my head. Mr and Mrs huang were on their way out to get a perm but before she left she asked me to go by my house and pick out a nice dress, preferably red. I complied and picked out one.

A few hours later, their family had finally come. I was wearing a tank top, and some leggings. Soon a women wearing a cheetah print shirt with her breasts somewhat exposed came running over to the huang's. "Connie, oh you're boobs are so big." to which the woman who i now knew her name was Connie replied "I know. They're new. I had to give up jogging." she replies laughing.

I look down at my chest, to see nothing but flat. Don't get me wrong, I do have a chest it's just small. Not only that, the women seemed quite tall and it was hard for me to keep my neck up just to see her eyes. I'm actually quite short, but i don't mind too much. Eddie and emery go over to say hi and i walk over to mrs. huang. "Oh connie, this is our neighbor jennie. Her parents are out of town this weekend and we're taking care of her." mrs. huang tells her. "Oh well hi jennie, my name is connie but you can call me auntie if you'd like." she told me giving a hug.

My chest had never felt more small in my entire damn lifetime. "It's nice to meet you too auntie." i tell her smiling small. I walk over to eddie to see him staring at boy with a "Nirvana" shirt, pants, and a flannel. He does know he's in Florida, right? "Nirvana?" eddie asks. "Justin, yo, why you dressed like that?" the boy who i learned his name is Justin, looks at his clothes. "It's grunge. It reflects what i feel on the inside." he replies to his cousin "Your shirt looks like a picnic blanket." emery tells him to which the boy says thanks.

I giggle a bit because of that and he finally notices me. "Oh i'm sorry, i'm jennie. I'm their neighbor." i say holding my hand for him to shake. He shakes my hand, and replies "the names justin. Nice to meet you jennie." he smiles a bit, surprisingly. I return the smile. "You too." Not even a minute later a car comes speeding and honking the horn, which startles me and i almost fall but justin catches me. "Thank you." i tell him and he nods.

Then a man with a big perm comes out of the car with a big grin. "Did somebody order chinese?!" he yells and makes a face to show his excitement. Emery walks over to the man "Sweet ride uncle steve." To which the man responds "Hey thanks emery. If you work hard and you're smart like me, some day you can have a brand new Miata." he tells emery. "I thought Miata's in that color were extinct." i mumble to myself. I knew about those kind of cars cause my birth dad used to love them.

Evan then grabs my hand leading me over to the man and emery. "Uncle steve! This is our friend, and neighbor jennie. She's staying with us this weekend cause her parents are out of town." evan tells his uncle to which he sees me. "Uh hi i'm jennie." i tell him holding my hand out to shake, but he gives me a hug instead. "It's so nice to meet you jennie. Hey if that man over there is causing a problem tell me and i'll call the police." he says laughing. I give an uncomfortable laugh. "Actually sir, Mr. huang is like my second father and i trust him very much so there's no need." i tell him looking him straight into the eyes.