Chapter 38: Decision

⚜️I never knew you could feel homesick for a person before I met you...⚜️

Levi

Frown.

A frown emerged on her face as she turns on her injured arm while sleeping. Quietly, I turn her towards me again.

Then she turns away.

I turn her again.

She turns again, this time highly frustrated.

Having had enough with her antics I pull her up to my chest, securing a hand around her waist to ensure she doesn't escape again.

This time she doesn't protest.

Instead she digs her face into my neck before whispering.

"Morning."

"Not gonna pretend anymore?" I question teasingly.

"Hmmm....maybe a bit longer..." She murmurs sleepiness evident in her voice.

My hand gently traces on her bandage letting her take her much deserved rest.

"Oh fuck!"

She hisses almost immediate making me remove my hand reflexively. I expect her to get up but she only clutches my hand tightly before attempting to go back to sleep.

It was only then I notice.

A tiny red dot on her thick white bandage.

"Rose, baby?" I call out cautiously.

She groggily opens one eye, more than annoyed at my interruption.

"Hmm?"

"I think your stitches opened."

***

"Kids nowadays." The doctor shakes his head in disapproval, mumbling curses at our entire generation.

"I'm sure I don't have to tell you to abstain from vigorous activities this time?"

Rose blushes and meekly nods, while I gulp under his scrutiny.

He send me a last glance before shooing us away from the room.

"Well....that was awkward." She comments as soon as soon as we reach the car.

"I'm sorry."

There it comes again. The cycle of hate. Self blame.

A hand engulfs mine as I concentrate on the road.

"It's not your fault. It was a dumb decision we both made. I mean come on, no teenager would've stopped in that moment. " She grumbles at the end, clearly not affected by it.

"Unless they are imponent."

My eyes snap to hers, holding in a laugh at her bewildered face.

"Are you implying you want to be impotent? Because I can certainly help with that." She narrows her eyes warningly.

All the laughter dies in my throat as I gulped. Seriously what was up with people targeting me today.

"No thanks ma'am." I robotically answer.

A comfortable silence takes over as the radio hums quietly in the background.

"It feels surreal."

I find myself speaking. Rose doesn't speak. She just looks at me, slightly dazed.

"What does?"

"That everything is over. It feels as though just yesterday I saw stressing over killing him and now he's gone. We got our revenge. It feels......"