ix

Y/n is finally in front of Suna's house. She gasped for air after running as quickly as she can. She calmed herself down, reached for her phone, and dialed his number.

He didn't pick up. She tried multiple times, hoping that he would at least hear her out, or see her and say what's wrong.

"The number that you're dialing is currently inactive or has blocked you. Please try again later".

"He blocked me? God damn it".

She went to the backyard to look for Suna's bedroom window. The light's on, meaning he hasn't gone to sleep, meaning he could've picked up the damn call.

She takes a small rock and throws it to the window. It didn't open, so she took a bigger rock and throws it again. This time, a figure appears, sliding the window open. Ah, glad that it's Suna and not his parents.

"Y/n? What do you want?". Suna closed the window and head to the front door.

He looked at her up and down. She's in her nightgown, with no shoes on.

Suna hugged her as she's about to cry. Y/n finally explained her health condition and the reason why she didn't wanna tell him.

"Stupid. If I can't help you at your worst, then how am I supposed to see you at your best?".

Suna, too, explained why he was like that with y/n. Turns out, his grandpa died a few days after y/n was hospitalized. He was feeling down because he couldn't make it to his funeral, or see him at all.

In the end, Suna walks y/n back to her house and got a free scolding by her parents.

..............

"Ah, the birds are back to being in love, huh?". Their classmate all burst out in laughter. But behind that, they were all glad to see both of them is back with each other.

And we're back with the same routine. Suna would walk y/n home and would pick her up before going to school. They'd go to the convenience store and dates at the mall, like how they were before the drama.

Except, Mizuka wasn't there anymore. The chapter between her and y/n's closed and y/n is ready to open a new one with someone else.

After their fight, the whole class knew and nobody wanted to eat with Mizuka anymore. Y/n did try to make amends with her but Mizuka snapped, saying y/n is a two-face and whatnot.

Y/n went to lunch with the rest of Inarizaki's team members. She didn't miss Inarizaki's important tournaments and wasn't there only if she had to do a medical checkup.

But of course, even if she eats thousands of pills and medicines, it would only be a miracle to be cured by the disease she's having.

............

As more months passed, she started to get sicker and thinner, worse than before. The tumor inside her brain was growing fast.

She had to be hospitalized again.

"Y/n, I don't know if I should tell you this but you don't have much time to live".

She felt her stomach drop. "Please don't let my parents know. If they ask, just say that I'm going to be fine".

The doctor nods her head. She scribbles something onto the paper before letting y/n leaves.

....

(keep in mind that this part has got nothing to do with the actual haikyuu's match)

It's the final day of nationals for the volleyball team. They are going to have a match with Itachiyama, the last year's champion.

"Alright, good luck with your match! Defeat 'em and be the champion for this year, okay?". Y/n puts a thumbs up and smile from ear to ear. She's hoping that they would have a big win today so she could see Suna smile.

-- Nationals court --

"As the scores are in a draw, both teams looks exhausted. It's a never ending game to see, both teams not wanting to give in their scores to the opponent. ANDDDD Itachiyama's scores a point! Do we see the winning team here or will the tables turn?".

"And yes, the tables have finally turned as Aran Ojiro, Inarizaki's ace scores a feint in the most unexpected time. Now, Inarizaki still need two more point if they want to be called champions this year".

"One more point given in from Suna Rintaro, the middle blocker. He really outshines almost everyone after scoring a bunch of scores in".

"Well, since he has a cool ability, it shouldn't even be a surprise".

"AND WE HAVE THE WINNER, THE MIYA TWINS USES THEIR QUICK COMBO, ALMOST THE SAME AS KARASUNO'S NUMBER 9 AND 10!".

"Ladies and gentlemen, Inarizaki is the champion for this year's volleyball spring interhigh! Let's give a big round of applause for both teams".

After the match, Suna asks y/n to take the school bus with him. He falls asleep on y/n's shoulder, and wakes up to give glares to the members who were making fun of him.

"I'm so proud of you". y/n whisper in his ears as she gradually strokes his hair, while he falls asleep.

........

"So, is there anything new from the doctor?", Suna asks as he takes a bite off of the jelly stick. Y/n choked on her grape juice.

"Uh, no. Nothing. Just regular check-up".

"You sure?". Suna raised an eyebrow, making sure that y/n isn't lying to him.

y/n nods her head vigorously. She couldn't possibly tell him about this one. As much as she wants to, she can't. She can't even tell her parents, let alone Suna. She just doesn't want him to get sad, or try to hide his pain behind his smile.

"I'll tell him once the time is right", y/n thought to herself.

They walk back home as the sun starts to set. Y/n's parents let her loose after they made sure they could trust Suna to take care of y/n.

As they walk back home, they talked and laughed about all sorts of things.

.............

i'm probably going to do a better suna fanfic after this one ends (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧