Suna's POV

I hate to see her suffering. There are wires everywhere, giving her life support. I hate to see her like this, but I really don't want her to go.

She holds my hand, and I did the same. It felt like I was holding a stick, remembering how skinny she's become.

She wasn't like this when I first met her, she was energetic and full of joy. She was like a ray of sunshine, helping me during my toughest time.

"Y/n, don't leave me okay? I'm afraid of not seeing your smile again, seeing your face", Suna thought to himself.

And that's it, his nightmare became a reality. The sound of the machine beeping proves that Y/n isn't here anymore, she's gone. His vision became blurry, and the room suddenly went crowded as he was pushed away by one of the nurse.

After a few minutes, the nurse looks at the doctor and shook her head. What does that mean? She's still alive, right? There must be something wrong with the machine, right?

..............

Y/n's parents came in the room. Her mother was sobbing and crying, while her father just looked away, probably unable to accept the fact that their daughter is no longer with them forever.

.............

Suna came back home. It was gloomy. He went straight upstairs, to his room. He then plops himself on the bed, and looked at his phone.

The lockscreen was a picture of y/n and him when they went to the convenience store. She's so cute, there was not a sign of her being sick at all.

As he unlocks the phone, more photos of y/n came up. His wallpaper and gallery was full of her. She loves to take pictures together using his phone, and now it won't be the same.

He slides the curtain open, it was raining. "Ah, y/n would love this", Suna thought to himself.

He remembered when y/n brought him outside when it was raining. They danced, chased each other and had lots of fun. She was the one who made him fall in love with rain and the sky.

The sky, huh? That was the most beautiful memory out of them all. They would look at the stars together, and lay down until it's dawn.

.............

Suna didn't come to school at all. He was miserable, sitting in his room, not letting a single light in. He only ate once a day, sometimes he doesn't even eat.

He didn't even come to y/n's funeral. He didn't have the heart to.

The bell suddenly rang. "Great, who would even come at this hour". Suna gets out of bed, lazily walks down the stairs while wrapping himself with a blanket. He took a peek of himself in the mirror, and saw that his eyes were swollen, and looks way too bad.

He opens the door, and two people were standing in front of him. Ah, who is this again? Oh, it's y/n's parents.

"Come in".

Mr. Iwasaki puts a big box in front of Suna. It was a cyan colored box, with his name written on it. Y/n's handwriting.

"Suna, we found this while we were cleaning y/n's room. We put some of her stuff that we think you might want to have. And there's some that she herself puts in there".

He opens the box slowly. Inside, there's a few letters, pictures and a book. There's even y/n's hoodie, alongside the Inarizaki jacket Suna gave her.

"Well, we must get going now. Goodbye, Suna". Mr and Mrs. Iwasaki said as they get up and head to the door.

Suna gets the book out first, and it's a scrapbook.

There were many pictures and doodles, organized by the dates since they started dating.

Then, the letters. She explained what her sickness is actually is, when did she know and all the stuff she never did tell Suna.

'I know that my time is almost over, so this letter is a letter of goodbye if I don't get to say it myself'.

'I love you, keep moving forward even if I'm gone, okay?'

.

As years passed, Suna had finally accept the fact that y/n is long gone. Though, his heart is still with y/n. He couldn't love anyone other than her.

After the results from the final exam went out, he found out that both of them got the offer to study at the same university, so he went there.

Some days, he would come visit Mr and Mrs. Iwasaki thinking that y/n would like what he's doing, connecting himself with her family.

He studies hard, to make sure all the efforts y/n did for him didn't go to waste.

.....

Suna looks at his lockscreen. He never did change his wallpaper, he probably never will.

"I love you too, y/n.". He said as he looked up at the stars, and let out a sigh of relief.

----------------- the end --------------------------

a/n : Anyways, thank you for supporting this fanfic. Hope y'all did enjoy it!
also, go ahead and read 'end// suna rintaro x reader' by me😼