-5-

You washed away into the warm embrace of your best friend. Ushijima watched over as his thoughts ran free. He was oddly drawn to you. he wanted to protect you and make sure that no one could hurt you.

You snapped back to reality when the warm embrace slowly faded as Tendo pulled you back and looked into your eyes.

"Will you push charges?" Everyone in the room was taken aback by this. Sure, the matter had to be discussed, but was now a proper time to do it?

You stayed silent for a minute before shaking your head.

"It won't do any good. Besides, as long as he's not near me and doesn't touch me I'm fine." You let out a breath as you prepared yourself to unload more information onto your friends. "Whenever he touches me, its like wildfire. Everywhere he touches goes numb. I'm normally a very independent person and will defend myself when necessary, but when it comes to him, I can't think straight. I become paralyzed and can't physically stop him except saying no, which is obviously futile."

"We'll make sure he doesn't touch you again." Everyone looked toward Ushijima. "I have almost the same schedule as you, excluding one or two classes, but Tendo will look out for you during those times." Everyone looked taken aback.

"Yeah right. You both have your own lives and I refuse to let you hold yourselves back because of me."

"He's got a point, y/n" You flinched at the sound of your name being sternly spoken from Tendo. The room was filled with silent seriousness and you could almost hear a pin drop. You tried to stutter out an excuse, but it was futile when you saw Ushijima's face. He was normally stoic, but he seemed even more so now.

"Fine," you sighed. "But if one of you starts slacking off at volleyball or academics, this whole thing is off and I'm beating your ass."

"Sounds exciting," Tendo cooed. There he was. He was back and made a dirty joke out of something completely serious. You were grateful for it. It brought you back to the world in the sense that everything was still normal.

///TIME SKIP- 2 WEEKS LATER @ SCHOOL///

It had been 2 weeks since the hospital visit and Ushijima clung to you like glue. You weren't completely disappointed by the popular volleyball hot-shot following you around school, but it was kind of scary when you, him, and Troy were all in the same class. It didn't help on block days either when you were all together for 2 hours. (A/N if you don't have block days they're basically where you have all even/odd periods that day and you have them for 2 hours instead of 1) Ushijima was always on edge in that class. He emitted a protective aura and every so often his eyes would graze over to where you sat in front of him. Troy sat next to you and when you two had to partner up it made Ushijima uneasy. He sometimes tried things to get closer and make sure you were safe. One time it did end up coming in handy.