Moping and Laziness

I really tried to write but I only got one chapter out of me. I'm over today already. This book will be done by Friday though.

Chris's POV

    Chris' POV

     "How long has he been gone now?" Cassie asks me as we lay on the living room floor dramatically.

     I pull out my phone and click on it to showcase the time before sighing. "Two hours." I tell him sadly and he groans in disbelief.

      "And we're supposed to last two days?! We should have never let him go." Cassie declares reaching out to smack me in the arm and I return toe favor.

       "I told you that, stupid, but no one wanted to listen to me." I grumble, folding my arms over my chest.

     As much as I try and joke about it, I hate the fact that he's gone. Though the two of us have been good at reconnecting, I know that sometimes it can be hard for me when Chan leaves the house. Now that I have him back and we've grown even further than when we first got together, I'm terrified that he might not come back because I fucked up.

     "This is hard for you." Says Cassie and from the corner of my eye, I see him prop himself up on his elbow as he looks down at me. It's supposed to be a question but it comes out as an observation that I can't deny.

     I feel him waiting for an answer, and I closer my eyes, already knowing where this is going. "Yes." I agree verbally and I hear him lay back down.

     There's a few moments of silence between us and I begin to think that maybe this isn't going where I thought when I hear Cassie open his mouth and ask the question that I've been waiting for. "What happened... between you and Chan. Why did he leave?" He asks. I can tell that this question has been haunting him a bit and since the three of us are now together, there's no reason for me to hide it anymore. Hopefully, the fear I have of him running away is one of fantasy and anxiety.

     "When we first got together," I start, keeping my eyes closed as the memories begin flashing behind my eyes. "Everything was perfect. We were still in the honey moon phase of just finding our soulmates. He was one of my sisters closest friends and while usually I go and hide while they come over, I had forgotten that day and I ran into him coming out of the bathroom. He was perfect. We spent all of our time together and I fed him and enjoyed it and it was bliss. And then the insecurities started. Thinking back on it, it started after he met my parents. He thought that I saw him as a whore or a slut or a disgrace because he needed sex to live. He even begin starving himself and refusing sex because he wanted to show me that he could do it. That he didn't need it."

     There's silence as I take a breath, my voice beginning to get thick as I think about those days.

     "It broke my heart to come home and see him getting worse every day. It wasn't even about missing sex it was the fact that he was slowly killing himself to prove something that he didn't have to. He hated me even touching him because he thought I was calling him weak. Then one day, I came home and he was sleeping and I have him head, trying to give him some energy. It backfired hard. He woke up and fought me off of him and he cried and told me he wasn't some slut that I could use. He walked away and never came back."

     The familiar pain that I usually feel when thinking about that night doesn't come and I find myself feeling a bit proud of myself because our that. But though I don't feel the pain, I do feel the regret from that night.

      Cassie is quiet for a moment after I finish my story before he speaks up with a soft voice. "And you don't hate him? A lot of people hate their soulmates when they leave."