Dancing and Additions

Cassie's POV

"Alright sir. Thank you for coming to see us. Make sure that you try that bath tonight as well as stretching before bed." I instruct a man that just got done with his massage.

"Thank you!" I hope you have a good day! The man calls as he gets up and starts to make his way from the table he was laying on and out of the door, the wood falling back into place with a soft click.

When he's gone, I grab my cleaning tools from where they're stored and begin spreading and cleaning all available surfaces

I make sure to spray and wipe down the table three times when I remember how bad that man was sweating. Once I finish making sure the table is clean and looking around my room for any left over items, I grab my bag from out of my cabinet in the corner and make my way out of my room is as well.

I wave good bye the it receptionist that the desk and step out into the crisp air, the soothing autumn breeze making me smile against the feeling of winter slowly arriving. I walk to my car and easily slip into the drivers seat, throwing my bag into the passenger'a side before starting up my car. I pull out of the parking lot and exit on to the road, stopping at a stop light as I begin to make my way home.

Chris and I had talked about something very important a week ago and when we came up with the idea and decision, I found myself getting anxious and more excited for it as the seconds tick by.

Probably the reason for my smile that hasn't really left my face all week.

It still lingers on my cheeks as I drive around town, going to pick up something for dinner, knowing Chan didn't plan on going any where today and finally pull into the driveway. And when I find his car missing from the driveway I find myself pouting a bit, knowing I was looking forward to seeing him today.

I grab my bag and the food from the car and make my way up the stairs to the door, unlocking it for myself.

I step into the house and close the door back closed with my foot before I make my way down the hallway and towards the kitchen, flicking on a few lights as I go. I pull out my phone to call and check on Chan as I set my stuff down in the counter and head upstairs to take of this uniform, tired off wearing it all day.

"Hello?" He answers on the second ring and I smile at hearing his voice.

"Hey baby. Where did you go I was looking for you." I tell him and there's a sound of a baby giggling in the background giving me an idea before he confirms it with his words.

"I had to come to Chloe's house it baby sit the twins. Today was the anniversary of Alex's parents death and Chloe needed to take care of him." He says and I feel my heart reach out to Alex, not knowing he had felt that type of loss before.

"Oh , shit. I'm glad you were able to help. When they get home, tell Alex to give me a call. I might be able to help him a little bit." I tell him and he agrees.

"I'm about to lay the twins down for a nap. I'll be home a little after dinner hopefully. I love you and when Chris gets home tell him I said hello." He tells me as I discard my pants and pull my shirt over my head as I set him aside on speaker.

"Okay and I love you too. Don't stay up too late when you get home. Text me when you're on the way." I tell him and he agrees.

The call goes dead and I change into a sweats and a wife beater before grabbing my phone and leaving the room. All day long while I was at work I had been thinking about the vanilla bean ice cream that I got myself ha had some how escape the hands of Chan all week. I grab a spoon from the drawer and dance my way towards the freezer, opening it and smiling when I see my container in front of me.

And when I pick it up I want to cry.

The stupid thing is almost gone, only half a cup of ice cream left and I don't even want it anymore. If I can't fill my cup up to the top with ice cream then I don't want it.

With a bit of an attitude, I throw the spoon back in the drawer, grumbling to myself when I think about the fact that Chan stole the creamy happiness away from me while I was at work. I sigh to myself and take this as a sign to go down to the basement and work out a little bit.

I leave the light on in the kitchen before I make my way down the stairs, flicking on the soft yellow light for down here as well.

I walk over to the speaker and pull out my phone, clicking on the familiar playlist that I've been dancing to for years. But this time, there's a few new songs. I start as I ask ways do, thinking about meeting Jake and all of the emotions that came with finishing him, holding him and losing him.

And I notice that for the first time, while the thought of the past still aches, it doesn't feel like it's pushing against my cracked heart anymore but soothing it.

I go through the motions of finding him and being on my own as I come to terms with what happened to him. To me and the wait that cake afterward. I relive the pain and the booze and the disappointment. I dance out the pain and the regret and the survivors guilt that plagued me for years after he left.

The soft for when I met Chris flow into my ears, my dance melting into a staggered one that's confused on whether it's time to be happy before melting into the ending melody of hope. And for the first time in years, that's not the last song I stop at. With the last sound of hope spreading through the small confides of the basement, the next songs starts up soft and scared, feeling out into unknown territory. Reaching out into the fire and hoping no to get burned in its wake.

And yet I come out unscathed with a new love handing on bu a thread that gets tighter and stronger as time goes on. That fragile hope turns into growing confidence and happiness.

My breath picks up and a smile stretched out on to my face as I jump and stretch towards the skies in an thank you to the Goddess above that blessed me with two people to fill the hole that Jake left behind when he was talking form me.

My arms spread to hold all of the love I have to them and ass the song ends with a large crescendo I through the live up into the air and let it rain down on me as I hug my arms closer to myself, finally feeling the love that I've been missing. And even as the song ends, my arms stay wrapped around me tightly and I feel a faint smile on my lips as I think about the beautiful wonderful situation that I've found myself in.

"I haven't seen that version." Comes a voice form behind me and it makes me jump a little as I turn to see Chris leaning against the wall by the stairs with a soft smile on his lips.

"Me either." I tell him and he nods before chuckling and smiling at me.

"I like it." He tells me before his eyes get a few tears and a serious expression. "Are you ready?" He asks me and I think about it.

"I am. I don't think I've been more ready for anything." I tell him and he laughs before nodding and holding out his hand to me which I walk over to him and take. "Nervous?" I ask him and he takes a deep breath before thinking and letting it out.

"No. Never." He tells me and I smile as he gives me the look in return, looking forward to two days from now where everything will come to a close.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ohhhhh you guys don't even know what you're getting yourself into. I have four chapters left holy crap. And all of the next three are going to make you cry like babies but it's okay.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you like glitter?