Chapter 1 - cheap cologne

The first day of a new year of Uni and I was already running late. We really were off to a great start.

Gasping for air, I entered the lecture room which was apparently - thank all the gods up in the sky - only full of students so far. The one thing I would have to accommodate was sitting in the front row for this lecture, but at least I would not be scolded by one of our professors first thing in the morning.

After placing down my backpack next to one of the last free chairs in the room I sat down and let my head sink onto the cool table in front of me. It wasn't exactly comfortable, but I was too tired from sprinting all the way across campus to care about that. Once the professor walked in I had to lift it and pay attention anyways. I did definitely not miss having this class.

Towards the end of my second lecture I felt my phone buzz in my pants and sneaked it out of my pocket to check, only to see that there was a message in the group chat.

Hoseok
Hey guys, I made a friend who just moved here from Busan a few days ago for uni. Can he join us for lunch?

Namjoon
I'm okay with it (Jin says yes too)

As always I was baffled by the way Hoseok easily managed to make friends quickly, no matter what environment he was thrown into. Wondering how he had befriended a first year when he was in his 3rd one I sent a quick "sure" into the chat, locked my phone and slid it back into my pocket to pay attention to class again.

Only two incredibly boring lectures later it was finally time for lunch - my stomach had been growling for 40 minutes - where I would get to meet Hoseoks mysterious new friend.

I went to buy a cheap meal at the cafeteria and quickly made my way to our usual space - a wooden table with a bench on either side that was located under a tree quite a bit away from the actual dining area. The best part about it was, that there were no loud students (except Hoseok, of course) around and we could eat and chat in peace.

As always I was the first one at our usual table, so I decided to already dig into my meal, since I wasn't much about waiting for others to start eating. Especially not when I was this hungry. However, I was (rudely) interrupted from eating when I heard a loud and excited "Oh, you're the first one again!"

Putting down my chopsticks I lifted my head and looked straight at Hoseok, grinning at me with his typical sunshine attitude. Next to him stood a good-looking, brown-haired boy, probably right out of Highschool who looked at me with curious eyes.
I tried my best at a welcoming smile as I stood up and offered him my hand.

"Hey, I'm Yoongi."

His face immediately lit up into a big smile, followed by him grabbing my hand and pulling me into a tight hug. This was definitely not what I expected.

I was completely enveloped by the smell of one of those colognes high school kids tend to use, giving me throwbacks to rather unpleasant times in boys locker rooms, while I awkwardly attempted to hug back.

After he (thankfully) let me go he gave me a big smile again and finally introduced himself back.

"I'm Jungkook. I just moved here from Busan and got to know Hoseok at my new job yesterday. I'm so glad to be able to make new friends so fast!"

For some reason my gut told me that this boy was going to stick around our group for quite a while.

And surprisingly, I was okay with that.