Chapter 8 - slight blush, puffed cheeks and alone time

If awkwardness decided to suddenly be embodied as a person, its name would be Jung Hoseok. At least at the very moment everyone was sitting in the café, chatting happily, while he was burying his arms in the front pouch of his hoodie and staring down the hot chocolate he had ordered.

It's not like I could judge him for being silent, no, I myself wasn't talking very much, only answering when someone addressed me or asked me something, but this was very unusual behaviour for Hoseok.

"By the way, what's your name? You didn't introduce yourself yet", came a sudden question directed at him, from no other than the reason he was being this quiet.

Once he raised his gaze to Taehyung, I could almost see something die inside of his eyes, when he tried his best to get out a coherent sentence.

"I-I'm Hoseok."

Very eloquent, I must say.

"That's a pretty name, it suits you", Taehyung answered with a blinding smile, and I had to consider getting up and catching Hoseoks soul that had obviously just left his body and ascended.

Once everyone was done with their beverages and had talked a bit more, we got up and got ready to leave. Everyone said their goodbyes and left, while I took my time, since I wanted to get another coffee - they had some really good one, okay?

Once I had bought it and got ready to leave myself, I noticed that Jimin was still sitting on our table alone, waving at me to come over with a blinding smile on his face, that made something inside me crumble a little bit.

After hesitating for a second I went over and sat down across from him, looking at him with what I hoped to be a confused look, and asked him why he didn't leave yet.

"Well, you weren't leaving and I took the chance to be alone with you for a bit."

I felt my face grow hot immediately, which triggered my fight or flight reflexes - but I did neither, too excited about the prospect of some alone time with Jimin.

"You know, you almost never talk when the whole group is here. But I really like talking to you...", he continued, a slight blush dusting his cheeks.

"I always feel like it's unnecessary to talk when everyone else is already doing it."

At that, the pink haired boy puffed his cheeks and looked at me with an almost annoyed look in his eyes.

"Well, it's not! I wanna hear you talk."

I couldn't help but smile a little at that - but who wouldn't, really? If someone, anyone, it didn't have to be Jimin, told you that they liked to hear you talk, it would make you happy, would't it?

I wasn't happy because it was Jimin saying it.

"I'm sorry, I just like talking one-on-one more."

"Well, in that case, lets do that. Are you free in 6th period on monday? We could go get some Ramen again. Just the two of us", Jimin offered, sounding a little too hopeful for my heart to stay calm.

It didn't matter anyways, though, since I wasn't free. I had a course in 6th period, and my lunch break would be in 5th, like everyone else's - except Jimin's - so I wouldn't be able to go get Ramen with him.

"Sure, my lunch break's in 6th period too. Let's do that."

Attendance wasn't mandatory anyways. I could just catch up on the topic at home.