Chapter 3 - sweater paws and giggles

The movie was interesting and funny, but it was hard to actually concentrate on it. When everyone had gotten down in their seat it just so happened that i sat down next to Jimin. As soon as he got there, he took off his shoes and put his feet onto the seat, cuddling up like a child and pulling the sleeves of his sweater all the way up over his hands, so only the tips of his fingers were poking out.

During the movie, whenever there was a funny moment I could hear giggles bubbling up beside me and could not help stealing a glance at the way Jimins eyes disappeared when he laughed. It made me feel a little weak and I was glad that I was sitting.

When it got more dramatic Jimin was intently staring at the screen, digging his fingers into the fabric of his pants and biting his plump lips in concentration. I was wondering if that didn't hurt a little.

At the emotional climax of the movie I could hear small sobs from Jimin, making me feel restless. The moment I laid eyes on him slightly shaking next to me, I couldn't hold myself back and silently put my hand on his. He glanced in my direction, but I had already set my head straight, so I was looking at the screen. I could feel that he stopped shaking.
He didn't pull his hand away.

Shortly after, the movie ended and all of us left the cinema, chattering about their favourite scenes. Well, except for me. While they were reminiscing about the plot of the movie I had just watched, I realised that I didn't remember one thing.

Well, I did remember something. But certainly nothing about the movie. Only sweater paws and giggles and plump lips and small sobs and tiny fingers.

But that didn't mean anything, obviously. I was just intrigued because I didn't know Jimin yet.

"We should go get some coffee! I know a great late night café, so we don't have to worry about having to leave early", Hoseok suddenly threw into the conversation and everyone excitedly agreed to go.

The café turned out to be a small, rather cozy place with only a few tables that thankfully weren't occupied. Upon arriving we all just stood there, staring up at the menu and tried to decide on what to get, while Hoseok just threw a grinning "the usual" at the barista and got down on the biggest table in the café - it had 7 seats, one too many, but that wasn't a big deal, as Hoseok immediately reserved one of the chairs for his backpack.

Once everyone had decided what to get - i went for a chai latte, because I didn't feel like having problems sleeping tonight - we joined Hoseok at the table, where I got down next to Namjoon. Jimin sat down right across from me, yet barely looked at me during most of our stay. The one time our eyes met, we stared at each other for about ten seconds, which was enough time to realise that his eyes held all the stars in the universe, before his cheeks suddenly reddened and he broke eye contact to engage into the conversation going on around us again.

This was not good.

Around 11pm we finally decided to go home, since we all had classes tomorrow, but Hoseok, Jungkook and Jimin promised to meet for lunch tomorrow at our table - which automatically meant that I was included, since my lunch break was at the same time as theirs, but I didn't bother mentioning that. Namjoon and Jin's lunch break was an hour earlier on Tuesdays.

Once we had said our goodbyes I made my way back to the dorms and immediately fell into bed - only bothering to undress before that. I didn't really feel tired, but I felt weirdly exhausted, so I decided it was the best idea to just go to bed already.

I closed my eyes and cuddled into my blanket, slowly drifting to sleep, my head filled with thoughts of today.

More precisely, thinking about fluffy, blonde hair, cinnamon, coffee and a hint of warmth, sweater paws, giggles, plump lips, small sobs, tiny fingers and eyes that held the universe.

And above all a wrist covered by a watch and a tiny bit of hope that I tried to drown out.