Chapter 5 -muffled sounds, tucked hair and small pouts

After texting Namjoon that he and Jin would be alone for lunch that day - not that they would mind having some alone time - since Hoseoks break was different from ours I made my way to our usual table, where I started to wait for Jimin, being unreasonably nervous. It wasn't like this was a date or anything. And it's not like I wanted it to be a date, since I had promised myself to stop dating, because it only ever failed and would never go well for someone like me.

I was still insanely nervous though, so much, that I was distracted enough by it to flinch in surprise when I heard Jimins excited voice call my name.

"Yoongi! Hello!", he shouted out from a few feet away and quickly made his way over to pull me into a tight hug.
I must admit, this kind of greeting was far from uncomfortable as long as it came from Jimin.

"Are you ready? I let a friend in my lecture describe the way for me before our break started, so we wouldn't get lost."

My fingers tingled comfortably as Jimin grabbed my hand to pull me along and lead me off-campus.
I didn't dare to ask him why he had to hold my hand to lead me there or why he didn't ask that friend to go with him there in the first place. Hoseok had once told me to stop questioning good things when they happened, as that could spoil all the fun. For once, I decided to follow his advice.

The Ramen restaurant was one I had walked by many times, but never entered before, since I mostly preferred to eat on-campus.
The pictures on the menu did look nice enough, and Jimin seemed to be excited to order, so I just chose something tasty looking and put my menu back down.

"New cities are so exciting, don't you think? You see new stuff everyday. I'm so glad I moved here", Jimin jumped right into conversation after we ordered our meals, so I just agreed.

"By the way, how did you get to know Hoseok hyung, Yoongi?"

Again, not calling me hyung, even though he did use it for Hoseok in the same sentence.

"We shared a lecture in first year."

Jimin stared at me for a few seconds and angled his head, seemingly in confusion.

"What do you mean? First year?"

"Yeah. When Hoseok and I were in first year. Two years ago."

Within seconds I could see his cheeks heat up and turn beet-red, before he buried his face in his hands and made a muffled - but very cute - sound.

"You're not my age."

"No, I'm", I paused, "wait, is this why you weren't calling me hyung?"

Once he lifted his head from his hands again I was met with a more than embarrassed expression from the younger's eyes.

"Why didn't you correct me?", he asked with a small voice, while tucking a strand of hair behind his ear to keep his hands busy.

I couldn't really hold back some laughter at that, as I told him that I did definitely not expect that kind of reason for the missing honourifics.

"But it's okay", I added, "you can just keep calling me Yoongi."

At that, Jimin furrowed his eyebrows and gave me a small pout, which didn't really go away until our food came.

To my surprise, he did keep just calling me by my name, though. Not that I minded.

The food was good as well. I think it would be nice to eat here again once in a while, as long as Jimin tagged along.