BEATRICE

"I actually miss your trouble babe," Beatrice cackled as she turned her tiny body while lying on her rumpled sheets. This was already past 9 am and she was still in bed. Caleb was the first voice she preferred hearing every morning before her parents used chores to consume her entire existence. 

"This one week feels like a year," she grumbled sliding off the bed and into her cotton stuffed bedroom slippers.

Her hair was still in the patterned satin bonnet that held it together, she walked up to her mirror wearing a sweater that swallowed her. She smiled at herself and turned a bit to see if her backside was getting any bigger, but the sweater was making it impossible.

"Hey babe, I'll call you much later today okay?" she said, taking the Airpod off her left ear. She quickly used both hands to pull and tighten the sweater on both sides of her body allowing it to show her minute curves.

"We are making progress," she whispered to herself as she sauntered towards the bathroom to relieve herself.

She had laboured the entire day and was relaxed in the armchair in the sitting room when her phone rang. 

"Big bro," she said, picking the phone and putting it to her ear. "Please tell me you have booked the flight already, your parents want to turn me to a house girl here," she continued. 

"8th of September?" she exclaimed. "Haba, why now? You really want me to stay here for another week?" she finally asked knowing she basically couldn't do anything about it. 

The call ended and her phone screen lighted up, her brother had sent her flight details.