FLIGHT P47193

"This is a boarding call for Flight P4719 to Lagos," came the funny wannabe American accent from the lady on the speakers. 

Kojo had looked around and spotted a few pretty ladies with mind-your-business attitudes scattered around the place who got up to start towards the airport shuttle and advised himself to not try to make small talk with anyone there. 

Most of them had been waiting since 4:00 pm, apparently, the flight was actually for 5 pm and most had already waited till this time. 

The chilly environment was also not helping, he had worn such loose clothing that gave the cool air from the air conditioning system the permission to have a field day with him. 

He finally got through and got into the shuttle after further COVID19 safety measures were carried out by the airport officials. 

The only free seat he saw was the one close to the lady with the fanciful pants. 

"Can I join you here?" he asked and Beatrice nodded. 

He was still settling in when a lady in her late thirties walked towards Beatrice. 

"Was he the one you were keeping the seat for?" She asked Beatrice with a fierce look. 

"No..." 

"But you said someone was here," the lady replied almost getting irritated both with Kojo who was still trying to understand what was happening and Beatrice.

"Ma'am, you could have the seat," Kojo offered, standing up. 

The lady was not prepared for that, she bashfully said thank you and took the seat while Kojo stood with his back to one of the windows in the shuttle. 

They all alighted and began the ascent into the plane through the airstair.

Kojo got to the door of the aeroplane and was stopped.

"I am sorry sir you cannot board this flight," the man at the door said. 

Kojo was dumbfounded and later embarrassed to find out that it was because of the mask again.

He apologized and covered his face with his mask. 

He looked at his ticket, it read 11A, he had always loved window seats. 

There was a man at 11C who got up for him to get into his seat. 

Beatrice was lost in thought when Kojo's hair entered her eye space and she smiled at the sight of his very black thick twisted hair that looked like dreads.

A part of her just wanted to reach out and bury her hands in it, but home training wouldn't let her. 

She couldn't make out his face properly because a part of it was very well covered with a black cloth mask. 

She imagined running her hands through the hair to know exactly how thick it would be, the thought almost got her excited and she bit her upper lip and stifled a smile, she saw his face turn toward her and quickly darted her eyes to her phone. 

Kojo looked to his left as he slid past 11B to 11A and he saw her, she was directly behind 11A. His heart warmed a little and he had no idea why. 

He thought about what it would feel like seating next to her and almost immediately the voice on the public address system reminded all passengers that no one is allowed to exchange seats and his heart broke. 

"There goes my chance," he whispered to himself as he used his thumb to press down the button to the left side of his armrest, letting his chair recline for him to get comfortable, then it hit him, he might be making her uncomfortable.