THE EMAIL

10 am on Wednesday? He read and re-read the email a few more times to be sure they meant 9th of September

10 am on Wednesday? He read and re-read the email a few more times to be sure they meant 9th of September. TWO DAYS!!!

First was the excitement that the little 500k he gave as a seed had already produced a testimony, then came the dread of letting both his Dad and elder sister know that in exactly 48 hours he had to be in Lagos and it was possible that they might not see him again for about four months. 

His appetite had left him, he picked up his phone and called his mum, when he was sure that she was alone and not with Daddy, he told her what the situation was. 

She was excited and at the same time saddened to know that her only son was about to leave Portharcourt and might not return in a long while. She advised him to tell his dad, therein lied the problem.

Kojo sat on his bed and thought about his entire life, miracles still do happen, he thought to himself. 

Getting on his knees, he said a little prayer and decided it was time to call Number 1. 

He scrolled to his dad's number on his phone and dialled it, but before it rang, he cut it and swallowed really hard. He figured his father was probably in the sitting room with Funke at the time, so calling would hint Funke, and he wasn't ready to tell her yet, at least not until Number 1 okays it. 

After typing the longest WhatsApp message on earth, he hit the send button and left his heart in the hands of his Father.