𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 - 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

For the next few days up until the full moon, the entire household was kind of in limbo. Not really accepting or moving on from the fact that Abi and Storm had gone off to find Zack, and not preparing for the full moon with me there.

School life continued pretty much the same. Theo was doubtful and judging over how I'd exactly gotten into Hellgate High. I didn't blame him either; I seemed to have got in way too easily. But I did have good GCSE results and the letter Uncle Rob wrote was believable and truthful. Besides, I reckoned that accepting transfer students looks good for a school.

Wanting to break some of the tension between everyone, I moved out of Theo's room and moved into Abi's now-empty room.

Jade did not like me one bit. And that fact was becoming more and more evident as the full moon approached. She was very aggressive towards me, about everything. Like, I'd ask her to pass me something, and she'd either ignore me or throw it at me with no warning.

Jason and Ryder didn't seem to pick up on the way she was acting towards me. Though Theo did notice it, being his usual observant self, and he kept telling Jade to back off me.

But I think that Theo trying to shield me from Jade just made her dislike me even more. I think it also stopped her from trying to move into Theo's room with him.

By the time the full moon rolled around, I was surprised that I was still in one piece after Jade's constant torments.

I soon learned that the day of the full moon is only slightly better than the night of the full moon. All four of them were either extremely grumpy, extremely depressed or extremely angry — Jade seemed to be all of the above.

I had to use the loo, so I walked into the girls' bathroom, not thinking to knock, and Jade was in there.

"Oh, Jade!" I exclaimed when I realised that she was in there, "I'm sorry, I should've knocked, I..." I frowned, realising that she was standing hunched over the sink, not wearing a t-shirt. "Jade... Are you okay?"

"Ember..." She sobbed, causing me to take a tentative step toward her, aware of how quickly her mood could change.

"Jade, what's the matter?" I asked; something was definitely wrong.

Whilst she gathered herself, I took a moment to take in the beautifully impressive, incredibly detailed tattoo that stretched across her upper back, shoulders and the back of her neck.

That must've been unbearably painful to get done... I thought as I remembered what Theo told me about how werewolves get their tattoos to last — with a blowtorch or another concentrated flame, and then wolfsbane.

I resisted the urge to reach out and run my fingers along the floral spirals that adorned her back.

"Jade, what's the matter?" I asked again as she sobbed once more, her shoulders shaking.

"I... I can't get it out..." She cried.