𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨

The next morning, I woke up with my body entwined with Ember's — her back was pressed against my chest. Her legs were tangled with mine. My arms were wrapped around her body. My face was buried in her hair, which had somehow fallen out of its hairband in the night. Her hands were holding onto my forearms.

I sighed; why do we keep ending up like this?

Enjoying the moment for a few more minutes, I lay there — until I remembered that it was a school day, and we'd have to get up pretty soon.

"I'm sorry., I whispered to Ember and placed a kiss on her cheek, stroking her hair back. Then I got up, extracting myself from Ember's limbs — sadly leaving the warmth of the bed and the feeling of Ember's body so close to mine.

"I don't want you to go..." Ember murmured, and I froze in my actions.

She's probably just having another dream, I shook my head and continued.

I grabbed a towel and headed into the guys' bathroom, rubbing my tired face. Despite having that night terror, after that I actually slept pretty well — dreamless nights are always better than nights filled with nightmares.

I guess it was just having Ember by my side again.

As I stepped into the shower, I could hear Ember grumble something to herself before heading to the girls' bathroom for a shower, though what she said I didn't quite get.

I flicked on the hot water, running my hands through my hair underneath it.

The water turned on next door, in Ember's shower as well.

Okay, now it's really hard not to think about her naked in the shower...

Washing quickly before the hot water ran out, I silenced my thoughts and my raging passion for her.

Ember walked into me as I was leaving the bathroom, or maybe I walked into her, I wasn't entirely sure.

"Theo!" She exclaimed, grabbing desperately at her towel that was slipping off her body.

"Sorry, I—" At a loss for words, I shut my mouth.

She sloped past me into my room (or was it now our room?) and shut the door.

Damn it, she looks so good in just that towel...

I really needed to start getting my feelings in check; there were plenty more serious things going on to worry about than my relationship with Ember.

Like Jade, for example, and whether the stuff Chris gave Ember would actually work, or just end up worsening her condition. My trust in Chris was already pretty crap but after that nightmare, I'd rather put my life and my pack's life in the hands of a non-supernatural who knew nothing of this world.

Wow, that sounded a lot like something an Alpha would say.

I was only trying to protect them still — what more could I say? I'd already lost them once, and I didn't feel like going through that ordeal again.

Finally dressed, Ember opened my bedroom door and stepped out, eyeing me with a towel wrapped around my hips. Her cheeks reddened and she looked away. She was wearing those awful, unflattering, shapeless leggings again.

They do nothing for that incredible ass of hers.

I moved past her to get changed myself, but she stopped me.

"Are we going to school today?" She frowned.

"I guess so." I shrugged. "Unless you think that your new BFF Chris has nothing else to spill."