Chapter 9

Vowed To Be HIS

CHAPTER 9 

EMIRA'S POV

There he is, leaning against the wooden frame of balcony door.

"What are you staring at?" I questioned.

"The sunset." He replied, still admiring the beautiful skyscape.

"It is beautiful." I remarked, handing him his mug of coffee. The view was indeed beautiful, shades of red and pink smeared their prints on the blue canvas and its white cottony clouds. It is the kind of view which makes you wary of all menial problems of life, a mesmerizing gift of nature.

"I know..... thanks." He said, taking the coffee mug from my hand.

"So how is Veronica?" I asked with an unbothered face.

Andrew on the other hand choked on his drink and started coughing loudly. Was it that weird of a question?

"You okay?!" I asked, rubbing his back. This man.

"Yeah, I am okay.", He replied, "Why are you asking about her?"

"Just curious." I shrugged.

"She is good." He answered, taking a sip of the black liquid.

"That is good." I answered back.

"Yeah and by the way, get yourself something nice for tomorrow." Andrew said, still staring at the sunset.

"Why?" I asked, turning to him.

"We are having a press conference." He said, turning his head to face me.

"For what?" I threw another question.

"The wedding." He replied with utmost disinterest.

"Don't you think it is a bit-"

"Over the top, extravagant, wasteful blah blah blah. You are now a Knight Emira, people are going to fight you," He interrupted, turning his full body to face me and leaned dangerously closer, "Learn to fight back, sweetheart."

He spoke as if he was warning me. Fight back, I don't know what this conference was about but it was certainly not going to be easy.

ANDREW'S POV

I was standing in front of the full-length mirror of my bedroom, correcting my tie. Everything looked great, I was ready, Emira was getting ready, Matt has already brought in the list of questions, David was looking after Veronica, just in case. Everything seemed to be taken care of, perfect. This press conference was important; it will be the final stamp for authenticity of this loveless marriage.

With a final look at myself I turned to call Emira, but before I could utter a word, I heard a shriek from the walk-in closet. I ran to see what happened there.

"What's wrong?!" I asked, worry evidently dripping from my face.

"Nothing... Go away." She said without even sparing me a glance.

"Emira!" I yelled in frustration.

"What?!" She yelled back. This woman.

"Tell me!" It seriously felt like a who-can-scream-louder-competition.

"It is nothing... I just cut myself while I was trying to zip up this thing." Emira made a pouty face and muttered in a low voice.

She looked so cute.