chikage utsuki • rely on me

felt angsty and unstable earlier, need to take the feels out so haha also~ spoilers if you haven't read act 5 (and grieving for the fact that i wasn't able to reach 40k on en aaaaaaa) sorry for the ooc chikage fhfhfjdj
.
.
.
.

That's it. You've had enough of this.

The stress of having two the most important people you know, gone from within a grasp.

Work isn't helping at all, it's only adding more water to the already weak flame you have inside of you.

April was always there for you, let it be a walk from the park or when buying something at the market.

You only had eachother or so they say. He was always there when you were in the brink of insanity when news got to the both of you.

Thinking about what happened that night, you stopped typing from the laptop in front of you while your eyebrows furrow and eye closing.

..•°*.'°.•.*. ☆ ..•°*.'°.•.*. ☆ ..•°*.'°.•.*. ☆ ..•°*.'°.•..

The horror painted on your tear-stained face standing still like a mannequin. Pale stature, without an ounce of life present in your eyes.

Like losing more than half of your world.

While you were standing still, with no movement. April was shouting your name multiple times until you finally broke from you lifeless trance.

Looking more vulnerable that ever. April surprisingly pulled you into an unexpected hug.

Seeing as this was the best option as of now, knowing this is what August would do when you're upset. But he can't do that anymore.

A few moment passes by with you finally calming down. Shaking, and sobbing as quietly as possible you leaned in more at his hug, as if making yourself smaller.

April vowed that day to himself to protect you himself since you only have eachother's back and avenge August's death.

..•°*.'°.•.*. ☆ ..•°*.'°.•.*. ☆ ..•°*.'°.•.*. ☆ ..•°*.'°.•..

It was embarrassing to say at least now that you think about it. Hearing and the feeling of April, who is now named 'Chikage' comfort you during those sombre days.

You were never really that close until now, since you were only co-workers at the organization and the only one (or two) that keeps you mutual was August and December.

Being the neutral person of the group just like August, but quiet and shy. August was the one you always rely on.

The one that treated you like family.

And the one that made you happy and warm once again.

But now he's gone. Even the friend who you always feed with marshmallows.

Now you only have a green-haired companion who shares the same grief with you.

You knew some of his plans towards December who is alive. You still won't face that fact alone.

Remembering the time you watch him act with the theater troupe that Chikage joined made you happy and content that he was doing great.

It almost made you break down after he greeted you when his troupes' show was done.

He didn't recognize you, but only for a second you saw him winced but ignored that and continued to congratulate him while moving towards another member and so on.