IV. THE CASTAWAYS

* 

. * .    .  °  . ● ° . 
¸ .  ★ ° :. . • °  . * :. ☆

Anna knew she should have been asleep but her mind was also racing. It seemed the only logical explanation was to read a random book she had found until she got sleepy. Reading by candlelight Anna found herself reading about Mermaids and many other creatures in the aged book, Mermaids are extremely territorial creatures and if they feel threatened they can be violent

A knock echoed on the door and Anna furrowed her eyebrows together. It was dark, wouldn't everyone be asleep?

"Hello?" She called out and the door swung open to reveal a messy-haired Caspian who was still dressed as he had been during the day and bounded across the room in an alarming speed.

"My sincere apologies Anna, it appears I have left my— ah! found it!" Caspian held up a small collection of rolled parchment and a divider pencil.

Caspian hurried towards the door in quite the rush. "I apologise for stealing your room or do you call them chambers? Quarters?" Anna mumbled quickly. Caspian reeled on his feet and turned to face her.

"Quarters. That's quite alright. I enjoy the bonding moments with the crew."

"Alright your magnificence just let me know if you get tired of it," Anna concluded guilty. Caspian cracked a tired smile in her direction in attempts to reassure her that it was no problem at all, "You really do seem to enjoy those unique title pleasantries don't you?"

Anna seemed dazzled by his words or maybe it was that he had noticed, "Well, I thought you'd be sick of 'your majesty blah blah my lord' and I thought I'd make it much more interesting."

Caspian met her eyes and spoke truthfully, "It appears from the very moment you entered Narnia you've made it a much more interesting place."

"Oh thank you — but I highly doubt it. Just think about it for a moment you have dragons and mermaids and griffons and in my world, I'm stuck with not so much interesting creatures."

"What would be the most interesting most interesting creature in your world then?" Caspian asked slightly intrigued.

Anna seemed to think for a moment, "Perhaps giraffes? Yes. Giraffes. Do you have Giraffes here?"

"I believe so," Caspian told her gently but it surprised him when Anna's fist slammed against the mattress and she turned screaming into the pillow with a frustrated scream.

"Are you alright Anna?" Caspian asked his long legs moving towards the bed, his hand reaching out for her but realising he was doing so he moved his hand away — realising perhaps it wasn't appropriate.

"Just dying with disappointment," She hollered in frustration.

Caspian couldn't help but smile as it seemed it was the only thing he ever did around Anna. He pried at the pillow until Anna had let go so that he could see her face. For almost too long they stared into each other's eyes and Anna felt the sudden ooze of butterflies fluttering about in the pitch of her stomach and blush rise to her cheeks once again. Caspian glanced away noticing that the leather-bound book had fallen onto the wooden flooring and he picked it up, dusting the nonexistent dust from its cover.