VI. ADVENTURE AWAITS

* 

. * .    .  °  . ● ° . 
¸ .  ★ ° :. . • °  . * :. ☆

A feeling, bubbling and brewing of excitement settled within Anna as she climbed halfway up the rope ladder to witness the Island before her. Anna had always wished for a grand adventure, ever since she was a little girl when her mother had read her bedtime stories and the thought of it happening within this very moment was something she couldn't begin to describe.

Taveros the minotaur and first mate of the Dawn Treader had begun barking orders at the crew about longboats and preparing to drop the anchor.

Reepicheep, Anna's most trusted friend had clambered up beside her and words flew out of Anna's lips before she could stop them, "It truly is such as splendid sight. I've never seen an ounce of land in Narnia before."

"I assume that is about to change. Adventure awaits!" The mouse spoke to the blond and she finally shifted her gaze from the Island dancing in the hues of the setting sun to look at Reepicheep for a moment before they lowered themselves onto the deck.

In the short time, Anna had stepped back into the deck, it appeared to be bustling, everyone seemed to have a job judging the way they all ran around. Anna followed Reepicheep but unfortunately the mouse, due to his lack of height, easily moved much more graciously than Anna who was almost hit by a crewmember with a long paddle.

In the midst of all the bustle, Anna was chosen along with a group of others to scout the area. Wedged next to the dramaqueen-like boy Eustace which should have been a downer, it did not steer Anna from the idea of adventure.

As they neared the shore Anna could see the age within the stone and she only guessed the effort it had taken to create such structures. As they came to the dock and all began stepping out Eustace, "Couldn't this have waited until morning?"

"No," Anna replied bluntly as she took the hand of the Joe crewmember who had offered to help her out of the boat, "If we had to prolong it until the morning I would have died of a broken heart or threw myself overboard and swam here."

Caspian sent a teasing smile in the young woman's direction, "I hope I wouldn't have to pry you off a mermaid again."

To everyone's surprise, she stuck her tongue out at the King and then crossed her arms over her chest before she followed him up the stone steps, "So what happened to 'oh Anna rescuing you I'd deem it one of my most noble acts!' And your greatness if it did happen again, I assure you that it would express your nobleness once again."

"And," Reepicheep said turning to the boy ignoring the playful bickering of two of his friends, "There is no honour in turning away from adventure, lad."

Anna seemed to copy everyone as they all had their hands on the hilts of their swords as Lucy paused and stood still, bringing everyone to a halt. "Listen," She echoed, her eyes glancing around at lighting speed, "Where is everyone?"