XII. ASLANS TABLE

* 

. * .    .  °  . ● ° . 
¸ .  ★ ° :. . • °  . * :. ☆

Tears rained violently down Anna's cheeks like an avalanche as she shook and trembled sitting on the edge of the bed. Her heart ached painfully in her chest. She barely noticed when Lucy kneeled in front of her resting a hand on her knee as she pulled out a handkerchief and offered it to her.

Anna weakly smiled at her friend and took the handkerchief from her friend and dabbed at her cheeks from removing any sign that she had cried over him.

"He's just a stupid boy!" She growled to herself in an attempt to pull herself together.

"But you really like him. I know you do and you didn't even have to tell me," Lucy told her with a knowing smile.

Anna's expression went sour at the thought. She was aware of the whole Susan and Caspian fiasco and she hadn't told Lucy because of it as she didn't want to offend her.

"I would have told you. . . It was just that I knew about Susan––"

"You should never have to explain the feelings of your heart, Anna. Anyways, Susan has that navy officer of hers and all her parties."

"Oh, but still, I didn't want to offend you in any––"

"Anna, just breathe and stop worrying about everyone else when you should only worry about yourself. This is your own grand adventure, remember?"

Anna stared back between the handkerchief and Lucy before the younger one laughed, her hand closing around Anna's who held the tear-stained handkerchief, "You need it more than I do."

Afterall there were more pressing matters to attend too –– for example, they had finally made it to Ramandu's Island.

────────── ♡︎ ──────────

The sun settled with vivid hues of varying pinks, oranges and yellows, casting down on the longboats with an illuminating glaze as they moved towards the shore. Anna clung to Lucy like a lifeboat, although her appearance was well kept and neat as she wore a brighter smile than the setting sun there was a slight pink that etched around her blue eyes the only proof that she had been upset moments prior.

Once they made it to the shore as the nighty truly settled in, it was strange to many have no comments stirring from Anna. They scoured the island with Edmund in front, his torch providing light that enabled them all to see for the crew of the Dawn Treader make their way across the stone structured paths.

The air was humid and hot, clearly very tropical as a varying collection of birds chirps and Anna let out a delighted cry that escaped her lips when she saw the glittering and cleaning waterfall in the moonlight and a pretty carved stone bridge.