XIV. A GRAND ADVENTURE

* 

. * .    .  °  . ● ° . 
¸ .  ★ ° :. . • °  . * :. ☆

Sun gleamed down onto their backs with a comforting and nurturing warmth as Edmund and Caspian moved their oars in-sync across the water infested with thousands of lilies that extended right up to the shoreline –– Aslan's country. Perched besides Reepicheep by the bow of the small longboat, the smile never left Anna's face as she glanced out into the distance.

"So what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund asked Eustace.

"No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt but it was a good pain. Y'know like when you pull a thorn out from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad––"

"See!" Anna said with a laugh as she contributed to the conversation, "I told you! Dragons are wonderful and you made a wonderful dragon and a mighty hero as a boy. I'm glad to call you a friend."

Despite the grin that stretched upon his lips at her words, Eustace lowered his head a little as if he was ashamed, "I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really."

Anna seemed horrified by his words as the boy looked towards Lucy.

"I'm so sorry for being such a sop," The boy confessed.

"It's okay Eustace, you were a pretty good dragon," Edmund commented with a smile towards his cousin.

"A wonderful dragon!" Echoed Anna from behind Edmund and Caspian towards Eustace who let out a thrill of laughter.

Reepicheep smiled, his voice clear and soft as they all turned to face what was in the distance, "My friends, we have arrived!"

The longboat slid against the sand as Anna and Reepicheep hopped out first as the others followed. Anna's foots dug into the grainy sand as her blue eyes widened at the sight right up of the standing wave in the distance that separated them from what was most likely Aslan's country.

"Aslan," Eustace echoed and they all turned.

Anna could feel her eyes widen. That was the same lion she saw in the mirror reflection. Although she could feel fear etch itself upon her when he spoke she realised he was good, "Welcome children. You have done well. Very well indeed. You have come far and now your journey is at its end."

A deep sadness punctured through Anna's heart, she didn't want the adventure in Narnia to ever end.

"Is this your country?" Lucy asked.

"No," The lion answered, "My country lies beyond."

"Is my father in your country?" Caspian asked.